Dosing mistake... How to recover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dosing mistake... How to recover

Came home today and did my weekly water check. Recently I've been running around 9.3 alk and 450 CA. Upon testing alk today I found I was down around 7 and my car was over 500. Checked mag and it was fine, around 1480. I checked doser , everything was fine. Then I realized that the line going into my alk container looped and has been sucking nothing but air for the past week or two. I must have messed it up the last time I had it out for maintenance.

Question is, now that I have everything fixed and am dosing normally again should I modify my dosing schedule to be a bit more alk heavy? Or should I just leave it be and let it level itself out over time and with water changes?

You want to bring it back up slowly. If your previous doser setting was maintaining alk, then just add a little more each day until you get it back where you like it. Go slow! Id recommend no more than a .2alk daily.

Comment

I was pretty well set dosing 3 ml every hour. I've added an additional ml of alk 4 times per day. Might take a while but it should get there. Good news is that nothing is too unhappy.

Comment

Working...
      X