Announcement

Collapse

2017 CORA Frag Swap Announced

October 7, 2017 | 2 - 4 pm
Wolfe Shelter House | 105 Park Dr. Columbus, OH 43209
Click here for details
See more
See less

How many times per day are you dosing two part?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times per day are you dosing two part?

So normally when I test my water I'm not super careful about testing at the exact same time. *Today I decided to test alk twice, once right before my dosing pump runs and once right after. *I am currently dosing 3x daily, 8 am 1pm and 6pm. *My first reading right before dosing is 7.7dkh. *Right after it was 8.7 dkh. *I am trying to slowly raise alkalinity, but honestly I had no idea it moved that much. *Currently I'm set to dose 22ml 3x daily, alk first followed by CA 5 minutes later. *I know lots of people dose once daily but that would seem like a huge alk swing.*
    ​​​​​​Does this seem normal? I'm not even seeing any significant growth I have no idea where all these elements are going. *

Again... Sorry about the * *'s in my posts

Comment

...and we've found the issue!
      IMO, That is a huge swing. Break up your dosing to as many times as possible per day. This will help keep things stable.

Comment

I sure hope that's the issue. I changed to 24x per day. Hopefully that solves some problems.*

Comment

are you using a dosing pump or doing it manually? I agree that is probably your main issue that you've been having
          -Travis-

Comment

Dosing pump*

Comment

yea, a lot of smaller doses would def do the trick, hopefully that helps all the issues you've been having
              -Travis-

Comment

Working...
              X