ALK consistency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALK consistency

I have been trying my hardest to keep my ALK consistent. It will drop to 5 and then I have to raise it back to 8. What do you guys use to keep ALK consistent?

Calcium reactor and weekly testing.

Comment

Randy's 2 part. Bm Doser. Weekly testing.
      This is my reef tank
      There are many like it
      But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

Anything that doesn't require getting new equipment? What causes the lowering of the ALK

Comment

That's a big swing. I assume your not dosing daily.
          This is my reef tank
          There are many like it
          But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

I am not. I do not dose at all.

Comment

Corals and coralline algae are the main users of alk and ca. You can dose manually every day but it gets tedious. I use Randy's two part with brs dosers

Comment

Dependung on what you want to keep...I'd imagine you will need to start dosing.
                Here is Randy's 2 part ( 3 with magnesium) and a calculator. Just get to desired level and measure it every day/ every other day to see whats being depleted. May want to do this for a week or 2. Then check twice a week for awhile.
                http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/rhf/
                http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html
                This is my reef tank
                There are many like it
                But this one is mine

Comment

Working...
                X