Ph has climbed 10pts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ph has climbed 10pts

Ieft for vacation the other day and of course as soon as I get here I be an email alarm from my APEX. Say pH is 8.47 I know that isn't dangerously high but it has always been consistent at 8.1-8.3 Could this be a result of less co2 and more o2 in the house? Everything seems normal ( from the APEX standpoint ). It may also be the probe but it's odd that it happens when I have been gone for over 24 hrs.

8.4 is fine. Yep. Locked up house caused it to go up. Don't worry about your pH at all. The only reason to monitor pH is if it is in a Ca reactor!

Comment

Yeah I know. It was just weird that it has always been so stable. But you know that text message alarm that is sent from APEX is terrifying when your away. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jck09 View Post
        But you know that text message alarm that is sent from APEX is terrifying when your away. Lol
        I completely agree! Scary but great to have! My controller has saved my system at least three times while on vacation.

Comment

So on this topic… I've been fighting a low pH in my reef. It's been consistently around 7.85 at night and only gets to 7.95-7.97 during the day. I tested alk daily right at 9 and all the usual suspects, even went to the extent of adding a pair of air stones in my sump for a day or three in addition to the skimmer for extra gas exchange, with no changes. I bumped up my water change schedule and paid closer attention to the pH of the newly mixed water. No change. I recalibrated and replaced my pH probe because it had always been so stable before, I thought it had to be failed. No change. I never thought my house (built in the 70s) was that tightly sealed, but I popped open a window the other night next to the tank to see what would happen. I got up the next morning and pH was 8.2, rising to 8.4 late in the day, then back to 8.2 overnight again.

Maybe I need to invest in a couple of house plants or teach the cat to breathe less???

Comment

Working...
          X