kh/alk/dkh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kh/alk/dkh

What does everyone like to keep there's at?

I try to keep mine at around 9 dkh or 3.20 to 3.30 meq. Ive kept it a little higher than that and didnt see any real benefit to it. Stability is the key, dont let it go below 7dkh and above 12.

Comment

Mines right at 9 so that's going to be my target from now on

Comment

Test it in a couple days around the same time and see if you can caculate how much your using per day without adding any alk, unless you have already figured out how much you need per day

Comment

every tank is different just try to test it about the same time every time you test your Dkh # changes all day.

Comment

I shoot for around 8 dkh, but I think 7-10 is a good area to be in. It's more about stability than a specific dkh value IMO.

Comment

I love 10, just because it gives me a bit of a buffer if for one reason or another it does dip down, and of course it will trend down over time anyway. I've found that adding Kalk can make it dip even faster.

And I agree, stability (in the 8-10 range) is more important than a specific number.

Comment

Test it today at 10pm 2 days ago I test at 8pm this time alk was at 8 and cal at 440. Than I realized that I rearranged my sump and had to make some water to get it going again. That's prolly why the numbs are so different. My sal is at 1.028 also because I didn't warm the water up good enough when I did the whole move the sump and changed from internal to external pump.ill get the sal a week to get back to norm and start testing again. I had gotten a frag of nice purple acro a couple weeks ago and noticed some tissue recession when I got it home but didn't think nothing of it. Now it's got rtn and slowly peeling. Really makes me mad. When I seen it I should a just taken it back and I'm sure the fluctuation in water quality isn't helping it at all. All other sps are fine.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Alk doesn't fluctuate throughout the day, pH does. Alk will only drop as it is used up.

I try to keep my alk right at 8.5-8.8 Any change more than that isn't stable, IMO. Don't forget to keep that Magnesium up!

Comment

Working...
                  X