Salifert mag test help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salifert mag test help

OK so I have a salifert mag test, went to look at the directions turns out they were thrown away by someone. When I go online to get the direction from their it's saying to take a 3 ml sample and I remember my test kit wanting 2 ml... So if anyone has the amount of all the other chemicals that would be great. Hopefully I haven't been testing wrong this whole time or my magnesium has been extremely high all along
    -Travis-

At the in-laws but we'll look at my directions tomorrow, when I return. I believe it's 5 drops but don't trust that. Make sure to swirl longer than usual. The Mg test takes longer to change color, vs the others and you'll get a false high(er) reading
    Apex
    135 Reef/Geo Beckett Skimmer/45g Geo Sump/Fuge
    115g Nps/Avast Black Pearl/29g Sump/Fuge
    450g Basement Sump in Slow Progress

Comment

Pmd

Comment

Travis

I think I experienced the same situation. Older kit was 2ml, new kit is 3ml. I tossed everything associated with old kit as not knowing what hat else in the kit changed, the test chemicals had to change somewhat also.

Comment

I stand corrected. The new kit is 2ml water, 5 drops. Travis, I know there was a change, like you said, at some point.

Comment

yea I ended up just getting a new test kit, not worth the risk
            -Travis-

Comment

Working...
            X