Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

In case you haven't noticed the forum has been upgraded to the most current version. Please bear with us as we fine tune things over the next few weeks. There are some new options and settings as well that will be tweaked. Hopefully the end result will be a positive for everybody. Thanks in advance for your patience.
See more
See less

NAD 3125 Amp and NAD 4125 tuner for trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD 3125 Amp and NAD 4125 tuner for trade

Great little components in great condition, for an office, bedroom, or fish room. Looking to trade for reef tank equipment. I bought them new in DEC 1986 at Progressive Audio.

Main needs:
    1. Quality Skimmer for heavy load 60 gal total volume.
    2. 250 W de balast and reflector.
    3. Return Pump
    4. Power heads

Data Sheet for the Amp
    http://nadelectronics.com/content/10...5-NAD_3125.pdf

I dont have the data sheet for the tuner, 5 presets.

As with any vintage NAD product basic no bells and whistles just clean sound with power you would no expect from a small Amp

Thanks for that trip down memory lane. I remember that. I had one of the NAD amps. They had a clean sound. Do not remember what model it was.

That got me looking for a manual I have somewhere. I had a Marantz 2600, a Teac Reel to Reel and an old set of Bose 901 IV. This was a system that produced some of the clearest sound around back in the day.

For those who have no idea what a Reel to Reel is, look it up, I will not explain!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Marantz, Teac, and reel to reel miss those days

Comment

I still have a pair of 901's that are on loan to one of my employees he is trying to blow his ear drums. Using my old Marantz 2330.
        The volume pot sure does need to be cleaned (crackle) so I guess he keeps it at 3/4 volume all the time.

Comment

The volume pot sure does need to be cleaned (crackle) so I guess he keeps it at 3/4 volume all the time.
          My first soldering job was on my Volume Pot.

Marantz, Teac, and reel to reel miss those days
          Kids today think digital is the cleanest sound. Its a shame they haven't a clue.

I still have a pair of 901's
          What series? They are all nice. You can tell the age by the series of them.
          Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

I think I got them in the early 80's. kinda blurry around that time.

Comment

Well the series IV were produced until 82-83ish. Thats cool. Im not sure, if I still had mine I would lone them out.

Sorry for taking your thread down memory lane instead of the Yard Sale.

OK, someone take these things off his hands.

Comment

my whole life I have enjoyed listening to classic rock music on my dads high end system. He has upgraded over my lifetime from Martin logan electrastats and now has a set of Wilson Maxx 2's with two watchdogs and its amazing. Im to the age now where I want to start doing the same thing. I have two polk audio t400's now and I wonder if this would be a good investment. I dont really have much equiptment is there a cash price?

Comment

I also have a NAD 5125 turntable.
                  Stanton Needle rs500dj
                  There is no cover for the turntable.

NAD belt drive record player. The last table NAD made in 1985 until the more recent vinyl resurgence, when they started making Rega armed clones. Better than the renowned 5120 IMO.

33+45 strobe pitch control. Semi-automatic meaning end of record auto return. Anti-skating, cue-lever, eject button, user's manual as pdf.

I couldn't find the specs on-line but NAD is best known for making affordable audiophile gear. I image the specs are similar or improved to the 5120 that came out in 1984; Its specs are:

Drive system: precision neoprene belt drive
                  Motor: synchronous motor
                  Speeds: 33 and 45rpm
                  Speed accuracy: +-0.5%
                  Wow and flutter: 0.04% WRMS
                  Rumble: -70dB
                  Suspension system: sprung subchassis
                  Tonearm: flat or tubular static balance arm with dynamic vibration absorber
                  Effective length: 208mm
                  Effective mass: 6g
                  Overhang: 19.1mm
                  Offset angle: 26 degrees
                  Dynamic vibration absorber: spring suspended counterweight with viscous damping
                  Cartridge weight: 2 to 8g
                  Tracking force: 0 to 3g
                  Dimensions: 420 x 105 x 354mm
                  Weight: 5kg

$300.00 obo or trade for all three components

lagniappe
                  3 albums
                  Zeppelin, In through the out door, inside sleeve has not been painted if you know what I mean. This actually is the coolest thing out of all items, try to find a 1979 pressing that the sleeve is not painted Cover E the only one with all the persons in the scene partially pictured.

Beach Boys, Spirit of America

Pink Floyd, The Wall

Comment

guys and gals

OBO dont be scared to make an offer!

Comment

Working...
                    X