• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post pics of your price coral

Pleases post pics of you coral

This is my reef tank
    There are many like it
    But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

Bill

"consider these truths humans only love what they know and people do not destroy what they love." Robert M. Fenner

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hmmm....Shane, I hate to break it to you, but I think you are disqualified on this one...it looks like those are Zoas in the photo, and the request was to post photos of Corals. Zoanthids are, as you know in the Cnidarian family, and therefore not "corals."

This is a complete smartass post, by the way, for those reading this. These are all great photos. If I have time tomorrow, I'll see what I can grab a photo of.

Comment

Mirya:

Is that green one some sort of teeny tiny Welsophyllia?

...it's on a live rock, so probably not. What is that? She's pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                Mirya:

Is that green one some sort of teeny tiny Welsophyllia?

...it's on a live rock, so probably not. What is that? She's pretty.
                Manicina areolata aka Rose Coral from the Caribbean. Its one of my most prized corals, since they are tough to come by. The only way to legally get them is on Florida cultured live rock. (I hear the rock from Gulf Live Rock has the highest chance of having them as hitchhikers.) I bought this one from someone on Nano-Reef.com who got it as a hitchhicker. Its in my Caribbean biotope tank -- hence the neighboring P grandis. (There are also rock flower anemones, photosynthetic gorgonians, Ricordea, a St Thomas mushroom, a Diploria sp. which is a Caribbean maze cora, neon goby, pearly jawfish, and Swissguard basslet in the tank.) She is always sticking out her tentacles and eagerly takes direct feedings.

Comment

Working...
                X