Algae dead in refugium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Algae dead in refugium

came Home today and all the algae is dead in refugium. It was fine two days ago, been growing great for 6 months. Any thoughts? Advice

Hello!
    Can you please give us more details?
    System size?
    Fuge size?
    Algae type?
    Lighting?
    Flow in fuge?

Comment

Yeah what kind of algae is important some macros, if not provided enough nutrients, can just up and crash.

Comment

Mike, you replied to the email notification instead of posting on the thread. Here is what he wrote.

60 gallon reef
        20 long fuge
        Chaeto algae
        Light is a single led bulb (Home Depot) that I read lots of people have used with good luck ( I know not the details your looking for but I have to check further)
        Flow 900 gph

Up till now have been thinning out about every two weeks due to good growth

Comment

Hmmm... cheato is usually very forgiving in that regard.

Comment

I have been having great success with a led shop light purchased from rural king for $15. Grows calerpa like crazy. I have some chaeto but the calerpa seems to grow much faster; pics will come soon.

Comment

Originally posted by icu2 View Post
              I have been having great success with a led shop light purchased from rural king for $15. Grows calerpa like crazy. I have some chaeto but the calerpa seems to grow much faster; pics will come soon.
              it grows like a weed seen it
              220 gallon display 60 gal farm tank 30gallon rimless acrylic frag 40gal refugium kessil a360w-e lighting reef 4ft geo skimmer looks like im going bigger?

Comment

Working...
              X