Best salt price in town

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best salt price in town

Is it still at reef systems? Gotta go buy 800 gallons worth of salt this weekend so I'd like to get the best price
    500 gallon build in slo-mo progress...

BRS is pretty cheap especially when you factor in free shipping and no sales tax. mass order the tax alone would be like 100$

Comment

Matt's Corals is selling Fritz salt. Haven't tried it yet, but those that have seem to be happy with it. Worth a call anyway.

Comment

How does BRS not carry instant ocean....amazon has it for $47 a box (200 gallon box). I remember buying it from reef systems for like $40ish a box but that was a few years ago. I've never heard of the fritz salt but I'd like to stick to the tried and true!

Comment

60$ for the Fritz from Matt. A lot of ppl like it.

But to your point, less and less ppl seem to carry IO salt, it's crazy. I ordered my last box online for free shipping, found it for 40$. 47$ a box just seems like there are other options that might mix better etc for that price, but I like me some IO!!

corey

Comment

I hear ya Corey, I'm hoping either reef systems or rivers to reefs has it for a good price. I'm only doing FOWLR so there's no point in buying "fancy" salt mix!

Comment

ask around and see when they have the 30 dollar a box sale! it happens like twice a year if i remember correctly. im gonna have alot of sps in the future and prolly will try out the fritz

Comment

I wonder if they will tell me when guess I'll give Aaron a call and see. I'm heading to reef systems today so I'll ask when I'm there and see what they say.

Comment

Amazon usually has pretty good prices, and I stock up when DFS has 25% off sales.

Comment

Looks like right now rivers to reefs is cheaper than amazon and I haven't heard back from reef systems so I'll probably head over to RtR next week and pick it up.

Comment

When I started in saltwater aquarium adventures had omega salt i believe (square bucket) for $25 180g .

Comment

I did notice that the big store on the west side of town is having their annual sale. The 160 gallon IO is running $45. RC is $52 for the same amount. I think I got it for like $35 a bucket the last time Rivers to Reefs did a sale.

I read that BRS was getting away from salt because of the expense of shipping and that you can get it anywhere. They can carry the high end stuff because the margin is higher on that sort of stuff.

Comment

That makes sense I guess. Looks like RtR is the best spot atm @$44 for a box, reef systems never responded so no idea how much it is there. It's always very good to support a lfs anyway and RtR is definitely a good one!

Comment

Working...
                          X