Seaweed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaweed

So I bought some leafy kale at Krogers and put it in the tank and no one touched it. I bought the dried kale sheets at Aquarium Adventures, and it dissolves in a couple hours. What do you all do?

I like spirulina flakes.

My fish on the other hand...

Comment

I get Nori from Giant Eagle. It usually doesn't last long enough to dissolve.
      Bill

"consider these truths humans only love what they know and people do not destroy what they love." Robert M. Fenner

Comment

Dried Nori rubber banded to the algae scraper all the way.

Comment

+1 on the nori and the algae magnet. My hippo tang devours it in no time. If buying from a grocery store, make sure it isn't roasted
          Apex
          135 Reef/Geo Beckett Skimmer/45g Geo Sump/Fuge
          115g Nps/Avast Black Pearl/29g Sump/Fuge
          450g Basement Sump in Slow Progress

Comment

Originally posted by szwab View Post
            Dried Nori rubber banded to the algae scraper all the way.
            Oohh...that's a good idea. I've been using those stupid suction cup nori clips for years, and they suck. Plus, my wife doesn't like putting her hand in the tank, so this would be a great option when I'm out of town (yes, I've explained to her that my tank is cleaner than the ocean, but whatever...)

In case I need to use both, does anyone know where I can get one of the magnet clips, locally? I've only seen them online, and don't feel the need to spend cash on shipping for something so cheap.

Comment

I think Szwab is talking about a regular old glass cleaning algae magnet, thats what I use also, just wrap a rubber band around it works great. As far as a magnetic clip I havent seen any locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Sohaltang View Post
                I think Szwab is talking about a regular old glass cleaning algae magnet, thats what I use also, just wrap a rubber band around it works great. As far as a magnetic clip I havent seen any locally.
                Yeah, I got that, and that will be my primary method in the future, once my current suction cup one falls off. I've heard guys here (er, people, sorry), mention that there are also magnet clips, but I've not seen them locally.

Comment

Working...
                X