Changing Lights - Torch Placement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Lights - Torch Placement

I have had T5 lights for all of my tank's life, about 4 years or so. Recently I ordered the Photon 48 from Reefbreeder's. It has not arrived yet, but as I was looking at my tank it hit me. Is my Torch coral too high up for LED lights? I only placed it there because it was on a frag plug (only had about 2 or 3 heads when I got it) and a hole in that particular piece of live rock fit it perfectly. It will be a pain to move, but I don't want to have to keep lights more dim than I have to just because that is placed too high. Just thought I would note also, all that pulsing xenia started as one tiny frag I got from someone in CORA.

nice looking tank!

Comment

what size is your tank

Comment

Originally posted by lowscooby76 View Post
        what size is your tank
        90 gallon, standard dimensions

Comment

i would keep him where he is but be ready to move him down by your Frogspawn.you should not need your lights no higher then 30% what degree optics did you get?

Comment

i would keep him where he is but be ready to move him down by your Frogspawn.you should not need your lights no higher then 30% what degree optics did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by dankoos View Post
              you should be ok with the 90 i think i would have got the 120 just because led light go straight down.you should be ok with the 90

Comment

you should be ok with the 90 i think i would have got the 120 just because led light go straight down.you should be ok with the 90
                out of curiosity, I emailed Logan about it. He too said 90's should be just fine.

Comment

out of curiosity, I emailed Logan about it. He too said 90's should be just fine.
                  sound good i can't wait to see them over your tank

Comment

sound good i can't wait to see them over your tank
                    I so wish my flame angel didn't eat all of my zoas....I had probably 6 different colors. I assume he was the culprit. Once they all started to go, I sold off what he didn't get to yet.

Comment

I so wish my flame angel didn't eat all of my zoas....I had probably 6 different colors. I assume he was the culprit. Once they all started to go, I sold off what he didn't get to yet.
                      i would really like to have a angel fish too.i like them as much as i do tangs but i'm scared i will wake up to see he had a taste test over night of my corals.

Comment

Mine was fine for over a year....then wham.

Comment

Mine was fine for over a year....then wham.
                          maybe one day i will trust them or test my luck.

Comment

You might find the torch does better with less light.

Comment

My light is on its way!!

Comment

Working...
                              X