Macna Xxiv

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macna Xxiv

The Marine Aquarium Conference of North America 24 was held in "The Big D" this year. But it doesn't really matter where MACNA is, it's the largest SW aquarium trade show in the country and it's always a great time. It's a chance for the manufacturers chance to show new products and vendors to offer corals and other products for sale.

Lot's of cool new products displayed.

There was definitely a trend toward smaller tanks this year.

Three days full of speakers talking about what's trending and hot button issues (Bob Fenner).

Speakers like...
    Julian Sprung

Sanjay Joshi

Ken Nedimyer

and Tony Vargas

And of course corals.

Lots and lots of corals.

A lot of vendors go all out w/some pretty impressive displays.

A huge raffle

Other cool stuff like Ocean inspired jewelry

Artwork

The OAR Clown Tank

And much, much more...

Just a great show at a great venue.
    Next year, Miami!
    Last edited by Porky; 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM.

looks like it was another great meeting.

I am hoping one of my girls will win their scholarship and get a free trip to pick up the check

it would be a great excuse to go again

Comment

Thanks for posting the photos! I love seeing them!

Comment

Jason Thank you so much for posting these. I love seeing it.

Comment

ok, Im going out on a limb here. It appears through your pictures taken, as if you would have rather taken me with you than to be stuck with hanging out with Sammie. I get it. I understand. Maybe next year.
          ope you guys had a great time.
          Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Looks like a great time man. Miami next year sounds awful good.
            PEACE.....from Zeppelin

Comment

looks like a great time!

Comment

Larry, Joe, and Briney loose in Miami: nothing could go wrong there

I think I would be spending more time eating those Cubian sandwiches and drinking those crazy strong little coffees to ever get into trouble though

Comment

Originally posted by Briney Dave View Post
                  Larry, Joe, and Briney loose in Miami: nothing could go wrong there

I think I would be spending more time eating those Cubian sandwiches and drinking those crazy strong little coffees to ever get into trouble though
                  Bill

"consider these truths humans only love what they know and people do not destroy what they love." Robert M. Fenner

Comment

What is the thought idea behind the 2 level tanks? Neat design, but it almost looks like a all in one system.

Great pics! What was the going rate for corals there? Good deals, or sky high?

Comment

I think it was just to showcase something different and yes it was an all inclusive system, I thought it was pretty neat.
                      The corals were actually priced very well, don't know if it's all the competition or the down economy but prices from the vendors were a slight bit lower than our swap, seen several of the same vendors, Jason Fox for example, and his prices were down a bit.
                      Plus if you wait till Sunday, they don't want to haul all that stuff back so they are ready to negoitate. I picked up a super sweet micro, that was $150 on Friday for $75 on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Porky View Post
                        I picked up a super sweet micro, that was $150 on Friday for $75 on Sunday.
                        Sweet! Gotta photo?

Comment

I like those drop off, step type tanks. I've been seeing them more and more lately. Some have been done very well showing nice shallow, deep and vertical coral placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollback View Post
                            Sweet! Gotta photo?
                            I'll try to get a decent photo but I am just horrible at photographing my tank, not sure if I don't have the right lense or what? But I suck at it...

I need you to come take some photos for me J, (hint, hint) I am sure you could do the tank justice, I'd be willing to make it worth your time

Comment

They definantely do look sweet!! I figured with those fancy dancy setups the cost of the corals would be astronomical. Glad to hear they were priced well!

Did you happen to bring any home with you? Did you get any good freebies?

Sorry, I'm living Macna through you!

Comment

Working...
                              X