algae

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• algae

hey guys, i have been getting this almost grey algea all over my tank, the snails that i have, have been working hard and i just got a dragon goby to help with the sand but i also have some cyno. Any idea what ineed to do other than watch my nutrients and water changes? thanks everyone

for the cyno you would want to do 3 days of lights out and i try to keep the sun light out as much as i can too. you will want to remove as much or the cyno you can i would take what you could out of your tank and clean it off outside of your tank then run some ro/di water over it before you put what you took out back in your tank. the grey algae i don't know what that would be.do you run and gfo or carbon? what your water flow in your tank like?

Comment

i dont run anythin but my protein skimmer and i have two power head on eithe side i do have some dead spots so i need to move the directions

Comment

Is the tank new? What are you dosing?

Comment

tanks not new its been up for about 7 months and im not dosing anything

Comment

what size is your tank? do you have a sump? do you use Filter Socks? i would think about running gfo or carbon.how deep is your sand bed?

Comment

my tank is 75g with 30 sump no filter socks dont really a have a sump set up to lend itself to that about maybe and 1" of sand bed, not much

Comment

ok i would use something to Remove excess food, detritus, organic waste, dust and other particulates. filter socks or filter pad.i would start running gfo or carbon.

Comment

If you increase your flow, the cyano will reverse. Cyano thrives in areas of slack because of the lack of o2, if you increase circulation it will transport o2 to more places. I would think of a pump that can handle the whole mass of water like a tunze, tunze wavebox or ecotech.

I had cyano before i upgraded to mp40s, and i haven't seen a lick if it since...and i feed MORE npw.

Comment

Working...
                  X