How many corals can fit in a 5.5gal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many corals can fit in a 5.5gal

i have a 5.5 gallon Geo aquarium. It has been up and running since January. Has great water flow and about 7 pounds of live rock. I currently have a Par38 bulb with 27 watts of light. How many corals can i keep in there? Right now i have zoas, mushrooms, ricordea, frogspaw, a clam, blasto, gorgonia, favia, miami hurricane chalice,candycane, duncan, gsp, pokerstars montipora. I believe that is it but i have about 7 types of zoas. So far everything looks great. Any thoughts if this is too much for a 5.5 gallon.

Watch the frog spawn,chalice, and favia, they are pretty violent.
    Also the gsp grows like crazy and can over run a tank that small in no time and can overtake amd smother out other corals ime.

Comment

If everything is getting along and has some space, I don't think it's necessarily overloaded. Have to agree with Belle on the aggressive ones and frogspawn can get pretty large. All of mine were small when I got them and a year after, most would take up an entire tank of your size. They can also put out some very long, stinging tentacles, so keep an eye on that
      Nada

Comment

Working...
      X