Ricordia Drooping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricordia Drooping

I picked up a Ricordia at the swap and for some reason it is drooping. Just hanging down and not opened up. All the other corals in my tank are fine. It's also the only mushroom in the tank.

Any ideas?

sometimes for me they are hit or miss on them.they don't like to much water flow and sometimes you have to fine a good spot for it lighting or it will come off the rock or plug and it is very hard to get them to stay in one spot.

Comment

got a pic? mine will kinda 'pinch' when they're going to split up but i can't say i've ever seen one kinda hanging there droopy

here: http://i.imgur.com/8b0gn.jpeg (best i've got - pic came out too big from phone)
      Last edited by cybe; 09-19-2012, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I will post a pic here in a little bit. It's kind of on one side of the plug, should I move it higher? It's at the bottom of the tank with low-moderate flow

Comment

Being the only ricordia maybe it's lonely.
          Kidding aside I would leave it where it is for a bit. Let it adjust and acclimate. When you move it it has to reacclimate to lights flow etc.

Comment

^ There is something to be said for company though, my rics are most happy in a big pile with eachother

Comment

Originally posted by cybe View Post
              ^ There is something to be said for company though, my rics are most happy in a big pile with eachother
              My acans are like that too.

Comment

Working...
              X