80/20 or angled aluminum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80/20 or angled aluminum

hey, who has any experience working with either of these? Is one easier an another? Are their other options? I'm looking to build/have built a super simple light rack that will rest on my tank top and hold 2 halide reflectors. Really simple in my mind.
    Im curious as to which is easier and what tools might be needed because my tool selection is lacking

corey

I would assume 80/20 would be easier personally
    -Travis-

Comment

i think because you can order it cut and ready to assemble. Hollback uses angled aluminum and seems to like it and its ease. but i was hoping for a few more inputs or experience using either.

corey

Comment

use rivets for assembly I'd think angled would be strong enough hacksaw to cut and some sandpaper to take the sharp edged off. Can also use a carbide tipped blade to cut aluminum if you have any power tools.

Comment

honestly with either you should be happy
          -Travis-

Comment

i don't have the power tools. that is part of my issue and my leaning towards 80/20. i know its more expensive but i can basically get it cut to size then just assemble it. i will look into the cost of that. can i just purchase the angled aluminum from HD or Lowes or the such?

corey

Comment

for the record, I dealt with John Tilton from OTP Industrial Solutions. Phone number 614-312-9246 ext 1529. Had no issues and he was very helpful. All I did was send him a drawing of what I wanted and he drew it up in CAD. I ended up changing the design multiple times but he is an 80/20 rep. you could always call him up and tell him what you're looking for. the good thing is with the 80/20 there is a channel to attach the actual lights with 5/16th bolts to their "anchors"
              -Travis-

Comment

Travis I will call him after I check yours out.

With angled aluminum, don't I just drill the holes then use a rivet gun to attach them?

corey

Comment

Working...
                X