mounting power bricks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounting power bricks

just curious if anyone has found a better way to mount power bricks to the wall of the aquarium. velcro is the only thing I've found but I want to use something a little less janky
    -Travis-

whats janky about velcro? better than tape.

Comment

true, I'm just trying to do a good job this time and was curious if there were any other ways people have thought of. This rats nest on the other system is terrible lol
      -Travis-

Comment

If you find a way to keep a reef tank AND avoid the rats nest of cords lemme know

Comment

Originally posted by Porky View Post
          If you find a way to keep a reef tank AND avoid the rats nest of cords lemme know
          im trying, its a battle ill probably lose
          -Travis-

Comment

I have seen some people use fabricated acrylic braces. They attach them to a surface and then slide the power brick in. I do think they are self made though.

Corey

Comment

hmm, I'd be interested in seeing them if you can find pictures.
              -Travis-

Comment

How about some 3d printed? I am working on making some shortly. Redoing my stuff now.

Comment

Do you have a 3d printer or would you be going to a lab. I wouldn't mind paying for pla if you made like 10 more lol
                  -Travis-

Comment

I do have a 3d printer.* Just getting started on making the brackets.* Weekend set me back.*

Comment

Did you already draw up the design in cad?
                      -Travis-

Comment

I have something now, Just haven't printed it yet. Still working on my cabinet and kind of put it on hold till I get my holes drilled.

Comment

I wouldn't mind looking at the drawing and I would love to pay for some if you wouldn't mind printing some. I need about 20 if you could work up a price
                          -Travis-

Comment

I had used these to mount mine in my stand when I first set the system up. I took everything down when I redid my under tank area and now it's just a rats nest.

https://goo.gl/images/NJ6t6r

Comment

Working...
                            X