lighting for lookown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lighting for lookown

Ok, so the new build I am working on will have the canopy over the aquarium just under 4 feet. Do you think t5 with 4 kessils will be enough or will I need to venture into a couple of metal halides instead? It is 4ftx4ft and 16 inches tall.
    -Travis-

Why t-5 and kessils?

Comment

Because that's what I have on the other tank that i will be moving from
      -Travis-

Comment

I see. I think that would be good. Halides are my favorite but the heat is a big negative.

Comment

I agree that halides would be best and I would tentatively get 2 400w units if I can get them at a good price, but I already have them currently so why not
          -Travis-

Comment

I bet you could run 2 250 watt bulbs on that tank. I run a single 400 on mine and it's 48/48/24

maybe even a single since it's shallow

corey

Comment

Been thinking about it. I'll be 2ft from the water now so I should be ok to start and if I find I need more I'll have to add some 250s
              -Travis-

Comment

I ran my 250 halide 14 inches from bulb to water and it had the punch to get to the bottom of my 24in deep tank. Plus, depending on how you do your scape you can possibly minimize some needs for fixtures. I did mine in a way so hat I run a single bulb over my tank. You are free to come by and check it out again, ask any questions or what not buddy. I think last time you were here the lights were off....maybe??? I can't remember.

Corey

Comment

Working...
                X