Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best cheap pump to run water from basement.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cheap pump to run water from basement.

Looking to move my water change container out of the garage and into the basement, but I need to find a cheap pump that can effectively lift water high enough to get it into the tank. I'd like something with enough head pressure to get up 16 feet. At the same time I don't want to spend more than $100 on it. I'd prefer an external pump if possible. I haven't had much luck finding anything used that will fit the bill.

I used a mag 7 to run the water from the basement. Works great and cost about $90
    Adam

35 gallon GEO mixed reef tank; 2 Kessil 160s; full apex and mp10.

Comment

It says 11.5 foot head. Are you using it to fill a tank on the first floor?

Comment

I'm using it to fill the tank on the first floor. The pump is about 4 feet off the ground in the basement and it is pushed up to my top off tank which is about 4 feet off the ground on the first floor.

It works fine, but I only have to fill a 5 gallon tank. You can always jump to a mag 9 if you are worried.
        Adam

Comment

I have an iwaki md-40rt Iíll sell for $100

Comment

I use a mag 18 for mine. It's plumbed up through the floor with 3/4 pvc and a spigot behind the stand. I use a remote control power switch to turn it on and off. Shoulda done this about 20 years ago.
            I can't help that I get older, but you can't make me grow up!

Comment

Originally posted by billdogg View Post
              I use a mag 18 for mine. It's plumbed up through the floor with 3/4 pvc and a spigot behind the stand. I use a remote control power switch to turn it on and off. Shoulda done this about 20 years ago.
              It is soooo much nicer than carrying buckets!
              Adam

Comment

MKerns:

Holy cow. Where were you when mine caught on fire a couple months ago??
                Last edited by Rusty; 10-10-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X