T5 bulb recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T5 bulb recommendations

Thinking of adding a single t5 bulb. *Just to help with shadowing as i am doing more sps. What is a good bulb for growth and color?

blue plus.

Comment

I will look into that. Thanks

Comment

I'm not a fan of blue tanks so I would suggest the coral plus
        -Travis-

Comment

blue plus is not actinic, it is most similar to a 20k radium, i have coral plus in my fixture as well, but i also have 8 bulbs, with just 1 bulb i would definitely go with blue plus and you can tune your LEDs to whatever spectrum you want. But at the end of the day, they are like 18$ for a bulb, pick up multiples and see which is better for you. Most people will run 2 blue plus for every 1 coral plus in their fixtures that i've seen and it is what I do in my ATI

Comment

I agree with Grizz. I have a 4 bulb ATI fixture over my frag tank and run 3 blue plus and 1 purple plus. This is as close as I can get to my Radiums.

Comment

Hmm I'm new to t5 I thought blue plus looked bluer than 20k to me
              -Travis-

Comment

I'm running 4 coral plus and 4 blue plus personally, but I'll try more blues next year, although it's just supplemental to my kessils
                -Travis-

Comment

8 t5's to supplement your 'main' lighting. hahaha. i bet i'd get a sun tan if i was sitting in your tank with all that light! my 8 bulb ati puts out 800 PAR at 12 inches I can only imagine what you got goin on.

Comment

I should have put the supplement in quotations lol. I only run my t5 for 4 hours and kessils for the rest. I love the color of the kessils but want that faster growth. I should check to see what kind of par I'm actually getting. 210g is too deep for kessils imo
                    -Travis-

Comment

BRS did a full spectrum and par readings on the kessils. the drop off was minimal and the spread was great. Most of your tank should be in the 150-350 PAR range depending on how deep youre measuring and if theres overlapping from one light to the other.

Comment

Working...
                      X