ca drip rate and salt creep

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ca drip rate and salt creep

starting to have issues with my drip rate changing because of salt creep clogging my effluent hose. what are some remedies that people have used to alleviate this problem
    -Travis-

You could use a larger diameter tubing or as I do just pinch the end of the effluent tubing every couple of days to flush out the curtsies.
    Bill
    Creativity is intelligence having fun.

Comment

i take mine off once a month or so and let it soak in hot water

Comment

I switched to using a dosing pump and pulling through the reactor and have never looked back. Its dead on 100% of the time with little to no variance.
        Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Joe, what dosing pump are you using to pull through the reactor? Cole-Parmer? Stenner.

corey

Comment

Cole-Parmer. There is a guy on Ebay selling the bare pump with a head for cheap. Will need a DC 24V power supply and a speed control. Pulling the water through the reactor removes any chance of a valve getting plugged up. Its literally a set and forget.
            Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

I'm having trouble visualizing this, what rate do you have the calcium reactor running, or is it just on all the time and you change your ph accordingly to adjust your ca? I have an extra jabeo dosing pump that I could possibly use
              -Travis-

Comment

It needs to be a perilstic pump. Most ppl put it on the effluent end of the CaRx and it pulls water through the calcium reactor at a pace to keep the ph in the chamber at the right level.

Corey

Comment

I meant my jabeo perisraltic dosing pump
                  -Travis-

Comment

I don't think it'll work. Most ppl use a Stenner or cole-parmer, because they are industrial heavy duty pumps designed for that type of application. Plus they are dead on precise. They run 24/7 pulling small amount of water basically from you sump, brought your CaRx and any additional chambers you might have, then back into your sump. It can tear up pumps quickly if they aren't designed for that wear and tear. Not to mention, they accuracy that is needed. Don't want that thing to fail and not pump anything, or loose calibration and pump too much, risking your system. I think the realibilty is part of he reason ppl go with a more sturdy pump.

Corey

Comment

Working...
                    X