Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fixing geo beckett

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • fixing geo beckett

    ok, so I have a geo Beckett that has a small leak at the 2inch bushing that attaches to the acrylic at the bubble trap (bushing was used in place of a bulkhead). Which Weld-on do I use to fix that leak? I don't have much experience on what glue is best for what situations
    -Travis-

  • #2
    Have you asked geo what it would cost to fix? I heard they have some pretty sweet new reactors too.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GrizzlyMint View Post
      Have you asked geo what it would cost to fix? I heard they have some pretty sweet new reactors too.
      no, I don't mind fixing it, I just didn't know which Weldon should be used. its old enough to where I can't expect geo to fix it for me. Yea the reactors are nice if you can afford them lol
      -Travis-

      Comment


      • #4
        1) he woukd fix it for you. He fixed an old euro reef of mine like 7 yeasts ago.. yup, not even his skimmer.
        2) do you have a picture? I'm sure #16 could work.
        I think it's US plastics on 5th, they sell all the products you will need and are local. Quick and close, local rocks!

        Corey

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BIECAKA View Post
          1) he woukd fix it for you. He fixed an old euro reef of mine like 7 yeasts ago.. yup, not even his skimmer.
          2) do you have a picture? I'm sure #16 could work.
          I think it's US plastics on 5th, they sell all the products you will need and are local. Quick and close, local rocks!

          Corey
          It's just the PVC bushing that was used as the piece for the drain line to connect to, he used bushings and glued them in place instead of using a bulkhead. It just has a slow leak from the glue joint when it was tightened
          -Travis-

          Comment


          • #6
            I was thinking #16 just wanted to confirm is all
            -Travis-

            Comment


            • #7
              Or did he use silicone of some sort? I forget what he used on mine.

              COREY

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BIECAKA View Post
                Or did he use silicone of some sort? I forget what he used on mine.

                COREY
                It's definitely glued on
                -Travis-

                Comment


                • #9
                  http://corareef.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16819&page=7

                  Post 129

                  Yours must be different than mine, or I am confused. But you can see on mine, thataround the pvc it looks to be glued if you will. Almost like teflon paste.

                  Corey

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BIECAKA View Post
                    http://corareef.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16819&page=7

                    Post 129

                    Yours must be different than mine, or I am confused. But you can see on mine, thataround the pvc it looks to be glued if you will. Almost like teflon paste.

                    Corey


                    right around the pvc bushing has a very small leak, so if i use weldon 16 around the seam it should seal it up correct?
                    -Travis-

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah I'm not sure. Mine looked like that too and it doesn't appear to be Weldon, for one it's acrylic to pvc. Second it has more of a glue or silicone texture/look.
                      Maybe someone with more experience can chime in, or ask George.

                      Sorry, I don't want to tell you wrong info.

                      Corey

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by BIECAKA View Post
                        Yeah I'm not sure. Mine looked like that too and it doesn't appear to be Weldon, for one it's acrylic to pvc. Second it has more of a glue or silicone texture/look.
                        Maybe someone with more experience can chime in, or ask George.

                        Sorry, I don't want to tell you wrong info.

                        Corey
                        I don't know George like everyone else here in the forum lol, and I'm not sure he even checks Cora anymore, so I don't have a way of asking him. I would like to know what he uses/used to glue those together so any info would be greatly appreciated
                        -Travis-

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'll shoot him a text. But you can also reach him via Facebook. Geosreef


                          Corey

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I suggest checking some of the DIY acrylic forums on RC. It is a two part epoxy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah. That's what I'm thinking. I'm just not sure which one it is. Thanks for chiming in Jason.

                              Corey

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X