skimmer shut off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skimmer shut off

so I will be acquiring a geo Beckett but I will need to shut off the pump when the collection cup fills up. What has everyone done besides hooking up to an apex breakout box? This will be the last thing that I will need to figure out before I set it up.
    -Travis-

https://premiumaquatics.com/products...lay-timer.html

would something like this work?
    -Aanonymous- (John)

Comment

Originally posted by Aanonymous View Post
      I already have the waste container but I just need the shutoff. but that's the idea. I'll probably have to make one up tbh. i was just looking for a cleaner look
      -Travis-

Comment

I don't do this, but the top of my Reef Octopus has a hole in the top of the collection cup that would fit a float shutoff.

Comment

breakoutbox all day

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyMint View Post
            breakoutbox all day
            Still need to get the apex for that lol. I will here soon
            -Travis-

Comment

If you didn't already have the container: http://www.avastmarine.com/collectio...oducts/djsl-xl

Not finding just the auto shutoff that comes with that one or the one posted above, unfortunately.
              -Aanonymous- (John)

Comment

You find one? Geo will build one for you I'm sure.

Corey

Comment

Originally posted by BIECAKA View Post
                  You find one? Geo will build one for you I'm sure.

Corey
                  yea the one I have has the ping pong ball, and I also have a spectrapure liquid level controller to shut off power, seems to be working correctly
                  -Travis-

Comment

What I have used for years. Simple, Effective and reliable. Throw it into the top of a bucket if you need a container.

http://spectrapure.com/DOSING-TOP-OF...troller-115VAC
                    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Why not just drill for an overflow tube and run a piece of tubing to an overflow reservoir? Is space a concern?

My Reef Octopus skimmer has a drain plug built in for this purpose.
                      BUILDING OUT:
                      75g corner acrylic pentagon DT with repurposed AIO chambers for marinepure reactor
                      3x 50g acrylic frag tanks
                      100g rubbermaid sump

Comment

This was for the overflow reservoir. It was made by geo so the skimmer sits next to my aquarium out of the sump. Was just trying to be safe incase it produced extra skimmate and tried to flood.
                        -Travis-

Comment

Originally posted by t81rd View Post
                          Was just trying to be safe incase it produced extra skimmate and tried to flood.
                          ...and this will happen. I forget to empty my collection cup and it shuts off my skimmer about once a month.

Comment

Working...
                          X