Hanna Instrument Testers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanna Instrument Testers

Looking for feedback on the Hanna testers.

I have a really hard time interpreting the Salifert and other color comparison type kits, especially the PO4 when trying to measure low levels.

Please LMK your experiences and opinions,

Mark

I use the Alk regularly. I've used the Ca but I have heard it's not accurate at all.

Comment

i use the alk regularly. with the ca im not sure ive noticed any accuracy issues, but they are a little confusing to use which could be an issue, alk is extreamly easy to use and the reagents arent that expensive either
      -Travis-

Comment

I have the phosphate, alk and calcium. I love em. I double checked them all with different test kits and have no problem with inaccuracies.
        This is my reef tank
        There are many like it
        But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

i use the ulr phosphorus as i never get any reading on the phosphate but you can convert it over to po4
          -Travis-

Comment

I just started using the Alk one (as in Sunday was the first Hanna test in my house), and I was really impressed with how easy it was. It was the same as the Salifert I've been using, but so much easier.

I have never gotten any Phosphates show up in my Marineland kit, which I know does not have the best reputation for quality, so I started thinking about getting Hanna's Phosphate one, maybe I'll hold off.

Comment

I'd go with the ulr phosphorus if you do, that actually shows up when my salifert reads 0, not to mention po4 is hard to read on tests

Sent from my SM-T817T using Tapatalk
              -Travis-

Comment

I know the phosphorus test reads PPBillion vs the PO4 which 'only' does PPMillion but at some point low is low enough and it really doesn't matter if it's below Zero PPM does it?

Comment

I use PO4 and Alk.
                  Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by mmillerr View Post
                    I know the phosphorus test reads PPBillion vs the PO4 which 'only' does PPMillion but at some point low is low enough and it really doesn't matter if it's below Zero PPM does it?
                    unless youre keeping sticks po4 isnt a huge concern imo
                    -Travis-

Comment

Originally posted by t81rd View Post
                      unless youre keeping sticks po4 isnt a huge concern imo
                      "sticks"???

Comment

Sps, acros and the like
                        -Travis-

Comment

Working...
                        X