Gyre 150 or MP40

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyre 150 or MP40

I'm getting confused or maybe just over thinking things. I'm not deciding what type of wave making devices to use. I've read some promising thing on the Gyre 150, but always wanted MP40's and the new quiet ones sound to be even better. Trying to get flow to the whole tank 60x30x24. I'm leaning toward 2 MP40s or would someone suggest 2 Gyre 150's. I've only seen videos of people using one. Could I use one of each type on each side? Any other suggestion would be welcome. My goal is to keep it quiet and reliable. Want to purchase the correct thing one time and not trying to save money and keep upgrading. I've set a fairly decent budget, and feel this along with lighting is not something I want to skimp on.

I personally like the Jeabo products. Have had them on my tank for a few years now in various forms and have never had a problem. They also move a ton of water and give you a ton of options for style of flow.

Comment

I have seen some of the Jeabo pump, but wasn't sure of the noise level. This tank is in my living room and sofa will be right next to the tank. All the pumps and equipment is in the stand, so I'm shooting for the quietest products I can find. My return pump is going to be either the Ecotech or Red dragon and other than being very good pumps it's because they both are almost silent. I've narrowed down the skimmer to Bubble King 250 cone/Vertex/ATM or Life Reef with DC motor. Same reasoning is volume. I know the Gyre is quiet and was told the new Ecotech MP40 is the same. I'll have to check the Jeabo's out at Rivers to Reefs to see if I can hear them. Thanks for suggestion

Comment

Also the one big concern with the Gyre is if one unit would be enough flow for the size of my tank, and I really haven't seen any videos of people using multiple units.

Comment

My jeabos are incredibly quiet. I have two pumps on my 75 at half speed but could easily get away with one. I highly recommend that you look into them.

Comment

I will. Thanks. I have a budget and the Jeabos would help with skimmer. Hoping to find the skimmer used. Tank/lights/sump/pumps/steel frame are new and hoping to find the rest of the items used. I have a few weeks to find the items before tank is done. I got very lucky and found a local welder to build the steel stand with 2" tubing for under $400. That's literally half of the next closest person.

Comment

I've used them all, and now I have 2 tunze 6105 and 2 wp40 and gotta say I miss my 2 mp40s bad I loved the pumps and the movement they caused!!!! I'm sure there's a ton of good used skimmers going around the club!!!!! I'd def txt a few people first!

Comment

Love my MP40's!

Comment

Would I get enough spread from the mp40s, being that the tank is 30" wide?

Comment

90 percent of people are gonna say yeah 2 will be fine, but like I said I have a standard 120 footprint tank I had 2 mp40wes, two tunze 6105 and felt that I just had enough flow so, I would say you would need 3 or four of them but that's just me! Especially if doing alot of sps, lps.

Comment

i love my gyre, i actually took out my mp40 in my 75 because the noise annoys me
                      -Travis-

Comment

I have a standard 6' 125g, and my gyre moves plenty of water. I'm only using 1, but it's only running at 60%.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I vote to start with two of the 150's controlled by an Apex running at alternate times.
                          I had a 130 on a 40B an really really liked the movement. Just felt a pair alternating would have done better job keeping the "crap" stirred up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm leaning towards 2 of the 150's for a couple reasons. First off is the money. I can use the extra money on other parts of the build. The lights and tank use about half my budget, also the demos I've seen seem to be almost silent. Being as quiet as possible is one of my main goals. Everything from return pump to skimmer I'm focusing on noise. Spending a little more to achieve this is worth it to me. If I can keep my sump area clean and orderly I'll keep it open and not skin the frame. That's another reason for the volume of the equipment.

Comment

2 150s would be perfect imo. if you put them in alternating gyre mode and plug them in at slightly different times it would be very random flow
                              -Travis-

Comment

Working...
                              X