Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, you can probably hardwire it where you are, or you can use a wireless access port that you program to your wireless router, and then plug into your Apex.

Comment

This is not a programming question but is an apex question mines been running great for about 8 months. i went to the display and put it into feed mode a and everything worked properly but the display duplicated everything on the left side of the screen to the right side of the screen and keeps glitching, I've tried rebooting the system and rebooting the display. but its still doing it. does it sound like the display is going down?
      155 gallon bowfront dt, 100 gallon basement sump, 20 gallon long fuge, reeflo hammerhead, Auqua Euro 250

Comment

Hi

Comment

I believe "Lab Grade" have tighter specs on the tolerance it can be off. IMO, there isn't a fish tank out there that has to maintain a close enough tolerance to require one.

If my readings are only within a 1-3% range, I wound not know it or care.
          Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
            Yeah, you can probably hardwire it where you are, or you can use a wireless access port that you program to your wireless router, and then plug into your Apex.

can you give me some more details on this ???

Comment

Sorry, I had you confused with someone else who had a router nearby, but it is very possible to use a wireless access point. There are instructions in the PDF that came with the Apex.

Comment

now only the right side of the display is working. i emailed neptune waiting to hear back
                155 gallon bowfront dt, 100 gallon basement sump, 20 gallon long fuge, reeflo hammerhead, Auqua Euro 250

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                  Sorry, I had you confused with someone else who had a router nearby, but it is very possible to use a wireless access point. There are instructions in the PDF that came with the Apex.
                  bought it used so no PDF.

Comment

Try this:
                    http://www.neptunesystems.com/support/docs/

Comment

Need a little help with some programming. I pretty much have the hang of it but the defer is tripping me up.
                      Basically I have a float switch in my sump for emergency shut off if ATO sticks or if my return pump seizes up. I have a virtual outlet tied to the switch but The problem is that if I put my arm in the tank it alarms. I would like to set a defer line so that it delays the alarm 2 minutes.
                      Can anyone help me out

Comment

Originally posted by jck09 View Post
                        Need a little help with some programming. I pretty much have the hang of it but the defer is tripping me up.
                        Basically I have a float switch in my sump for emergency shut off if ATO sticks or if my return pump seizes up. I have a virtual outlet tied to the switch but The problem is that if I put my arm in the tank it alarms. I would like to set a defer line so that it delays the alarm 2 minutes.
                        Can anyone help me out
                        First, not to criticize but if you're using this as an alarm to shut off the return, your switch is too low in the sump. My opinion.

Next, you should always wire and program critical sensors to include broken wire protection, so you should wire/flip the float and magnet so that the physical switch is always ON in the normal condition. The programming below reflects this condition. Change OFF to ON and vice versa where necessary depending on your switch setup.

Try this:

Fallback ON
                        Set ON
                        If SW1 = OFF Then OFF
                        Defer 002:00 Then OFF

Alter as needed.

Kev
                        Last edited by kattz; 11-01-2016, 11:19 AM. Reason: critical typo

Comment

***post was 2 years old****.
                          He is no longer in the hobby.

Corey

Comment

OMG - Zombie thread!

Kev

Comment

okay folks, my apex might have crashed this weekend. I opened a ticket with Neptune and they have told me to update the firmware. I was currently running a firmware that was a few years old. The issue I am having is I tried in October but it won't work via my MacBook, which I have used in the past.
                              So heres the issue, I came home this weekend and the apex was completely off, nothing running that was connected to it. Neptune says I need a pc to update the firmware and see if that works. Well, I don't own one. So who here has a pc with the current version of firmware on it? Can I bring my apex to you and we try to see if we can get it to power back on?

corey

Comment

Quick question on running mixing station pump for 10 min every 3 hours. How would I set this programming and to also set it to not run mixing pump if sw1 is open
                                -Travis-

Comment

Working...
                                X