Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was one of the many reasons I don't use Fusion. Sorry Bill.

Comment

Yeah, I love fusion other then this one problem I'm having. All my settings are all correct. I'll get it figured out. I've been in contact with neptune and we're working on it right now.

The only other thing that's not good is someone can figure out Ur user name and password and log in and completely sabotage someone's tank if they really wanted and wouldn't be all that hard.

Comment

I talked to the Neptune guys at MACNA about just that, the security of the system. Not being an IT guru I didn't know the questions to ask so they snowed me with techy mumbo gumbo. Basically what I got was that the user name and passwords are encrypted on both ends on the "cloud" side and also our side. Of course we know how well that works with Target and Home Depot's issues. Paul from Neptune said it's very secure and I didn't have any ammo to shoot him down.
        Bill
        Creativity is intelligence having fun.

Comment

Bill:

I don't use Fusion based on the many concerns voiced on this website.

Yeah, when I was having trouble with mine last week, the tech guys were telling me they run Fusion on an Amazon server, and it was the same server as BofA and Chase were using....blah, blah, blah, so it's "super secure."

The dude (who actually was overall very helpful), was almost indignant that I suggested Fusion might not be "safe" or "secure" when I responded why I wasn't using Fusion.

All this being said, this tech support dude was not a fish guy, he was clearly a computer nerd, so I'm not sure he really had a dog in the fight and led me to believe that Fusion probably is secure, but I personally see no need for it right now.
          Last edited by Rusty; 09-10-2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Well lol, I know for sure it's not to secure as I logged into someone else's account accidently when I got my apex and immediately noticed and logged back out.

Comment

How often does everyone calibrate their probes?
              This is my reef tank
              There are many like it
              But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

Around once a year or whenever I think something may be awry.

Comment

I try to replace my probe once a year. IME, they tend not to be reliable after about a year.

Comment

Jason, replace the probe or calibrate it? Also I've been in contact with Paul at neptune on my problem with it telling me my apex isn't connected with fusion but all the probes in the background are reading correctly, he said that's a issue on Neptune's end and there currently working on a fix for the issue. I wish I would have known that before I went out and bought a exspensive wifi router and had my cable company come out and check the lines and all that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollback View Post
                      I try to replace my probe once a year. IME, they tend not to be reliable after about a year.
                      Do you feel that way for the "lab grade" ones also? I agree the cheapos are basically throw aways, but the BRS guys seemed to be pretty high on the Lab Grade ones.

Finally, does anyone know if it is possible to turn off a pump on a specific day and time of the week?

Comment

Originally posted by bill4t View Post
                        Jason, replace the probe or calibrate it?
                        I try to replace mine every 12-18 months. They tend to start swinging after a while.

It looks like the Fusion connectivity is a pretty common issue these days. I'm glad I connect through my own network and not Neptune's.

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                        Do you feel that way for the "lab grade" ones also? I agree the cheapos are basically throw aways, but the BRS guys seemed to be pretty high on the Lab Grade ones.

Finally, does anyone know if it is possible to turn off a pump on a specific day and time of the week?
                        Not sure on the "lab grade" ones. Are they all the same? I guessed they are all 'lab grade' and it was just a way to jack up the cost but I have no idea.

DOW (Day of Week) is what you will use. This code turns my pump off on Wednesday.

If DoW ---W--- Then OFF

This one turns my other pump off on Saturday.

If DoW ------S Then OFF

The dashes represent the day of the week, SMTWTRS. In my situation, the listed day sets the status to off.

Comment

So it's time for me to start dosing alk and calc. I have two brs dosers, my calc is at 380. Can someone show me a code for this or explain how to code it. I'd like to dose it at night. I'm looking online now so I might figure it out but in case I don't i would appreciate the help. John explained it to me and I think I got it but wanna get it right for sure.

Comment

Jason: You rock, as usual.

I was wondering if it was possible to turn the pump off for like two hours on a specific day. Would that look something like:

If DoW M------ and > 19:00 Then OFF
                            If DoW M------ and > 21:00 Then ON

Comment

does the Apex need it's own router for internet connection ? if so what do i need to look for in one ? or can i just use my existing router ?

thanks

Comment

You can use the router you're using now if you have a free LAN port
                                This is my reef tank
                                There are many like it
                                But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

Working...
                                X