Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll look, but I really thought a phone cord was only two wires, although it's been quite a while since I've crimped one.

I think I have one, but I'll let you know. My wife has been throwing all sorts of stuff out that she thinks we don't use anymore (which I sort of appreciate), but...eh, we'll see. The weather sucks today, so I'm off the hook on the yard, that should free me up for fish stuff.

Comment

Subscribed to this. I had issues with both my DC8s after a power outage. I'm guessing lightning strike as they will not respond to anything. Whenever I plug them into the Apex should it automaically detect them or should I have to manually add the module at the bottom of the module setup screen? I've tried manually but it does not show up with my other 2 EB8s and Display modules.

Comment

Man, I had a hard time finding this thread again.

Ok, my question is: do you need the "Advanced Leak Detection" box (looks like a phone router or something, really), /in addition to/ say, a solid surface leak detector, or can one just plug the solid surface detector directly into the "Control" input on the main box?

I really only need one leak detector right now, but I would be open to running more.

If I can just plug the one directly into the main box, does it still show up as a "switch?"

I've read the Neptune forums, and it seems like all the questions are about the Advanced Leak Detection modules, not the solid surface things. Also, Bulk Reef Supply seems to imply that you need both, but actual firm information from Neptune is oddly silent.

After this, I'm starting the email and text message alerts, so I'm sure I'll have questions about that.

Comment

Email question now:

I was going to have it email me through my Yahoo! account.

1. First, do I need to do anything with the "Email Outlet?"

I used the settings listed here:
          http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...P-SMTP-Setting

2. One of the staff guys posted Yahoo! settings about six down. I assume they are correct, but I cannot get it to send a test email.

3. Also, it looked like you can just put a cell phone number into the Alternate email field for the text messaging, right? Is there anything else special you need to do for the text messages?

4. I realize none of you can probably answer this, but I wonder if there is a setting in my TP-Link router I need to enable. I don't have problems using Outlook or anything though...

Comment

It seems that this thread isn't commonly visited anymore,

I can't edit my email question, but I did more research on Apex's forums.

For future readers with this problem, I read on the Apex forums that Yahoo switched over to SSL, so you can't use it anymore for email through the Apex. I guess I now need to find a new email service, Hotmail and Gmail are also out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
              Man, I had a hard time finding this thread again.

Ok, my question is: do you need the "Advanced Leak Detection" box (looks like a phone router or something, really), /in addition to/ say, a solid surface leak detector, or can one just plug the solid surface detector directly into the "Control" input on the main box?

I really only need one leak detector right now, but I would be open to running more.

If I can just plug the one directly into the main box, does it still show up as a "switch?"
              Ok, so I'm answering my own questions now . The answer to this question (for future readers), is that yes, you need both the Advanced Leak Detection ("ALD") AND the surface detectors. You can't just plug one into the "Control" jack.

Comment

Email:

I tried a number of email services (including GMX, which is recommended in the Apex instructions), and the only one I could get to work was "Inbox.com."

Hooray! I can get email alerts now!
                Last edited by Rusty; 08-21-2014, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Looking for different Tunze program for Apex

I'm looking for a different Tunze program for the apex for our tank, it doesn't need to make a wave just produce changing random flow out of 3 Tunze's, two 6205's and one 6105. If you have one for two pumps I can modify it for three so that's not a problem, I just didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

Bill
                  Bill
                  Creativity is intelligence having fun.

Comment

I'm not a code guy, but I do recall seeing something like that on the Apex forums when I was trying to find the answers to my questions. I'd do some searches there.

Comment

Bill,
                      My powerhead code is in this thread.

http://www.corareef.org/forum/showth...ight=pump+code

I'm not sure it's the most current, but it would get you started.

Comment

Thanks Jason I'll just modify it for my setup.

Next question: Sanji Joshi had a tank meltdown on his 500gal last year and his Apex didn't notify him of the temp going above 90. Now he has his apex sending a daily "text check" at 9AM to make sure the apex is communicating and also to show that everything is OK. Since I'm not an IT guru how can this be coded?
                        Bill
                        Creativity is intelligence having fun.

Comment

There's really no need for that. Just download the app on your smart phone and you can look at the live monitoring all day long.

If you do want to code it you would just create a virtual outlet that sets the timer on at 09:00 and off at 09:01. Just have it turn on the alarm outlet that emails you.

Comment

My apex keeps disconnecting from fusion. I had this problem when I first got it. So I bought a new better wiFi, and also had my cable company come out and check the signal strength and the said it was good but they went ahead and put a booster on the line. Well that solved my problem up till a week ago and now when I'm away from my house or even at home sometimes it tells me my apex is not connected to fusion. Anyone else running into this problem

Comment

No one else is having this problem?

Comment

no i have not had that problem but i have not looked at my apex for over a month.so i don't know if it something new.

Comment

Working...
                                X