Good MH lights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good MH lights?

Have anyone heard of or used Catalina aquarium for lighting? Someone has 2 X 250W HID MH Retrofit for sale for $170. He says they only been run for a few months and they come with 15K bulbs. Should I jump on this deal or wait for something better for my 150 Gallon. Thanks for your help!
    Charles

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/re...0IZM3LJs4bsX-g

http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/stor...oducts_id=1275

I haven't heard of them but right off the bat, those bent sheet aluminum reflectors are useless. The sockets are usually included in most pendant and reflectors so scratch those off, too. There is no mention of bulb brand other than them being 15k and 250w so assume the worst and scratch those, too. Soooooo.... think of it as just the ballasts for $170. That would be good for a name brand I trust, I just haven't heard of this brand. Maybe someone else has.

You should expect your reflector to more like this:

Last edited by Easily Distracted; 09-11-2011, 07:34 PM.

Comment

And that is why I asked! Thanks

Comment

D@mn. Just did a big follow up edit on my phone and it refreshed and wiped out everything.
        Do a google image search for lumen max elite, lumen max 3 and lumen bright fixtures and their supporting datat sheets. You should be looking for this quality so you only end up buying it once.

Comment

The pics just showed up! Thanks

Comment

This...
            http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2019458

Dual end not single end and galaxy ballast may not be adjustable style but $150 shipped to your door.
            Last edited by Easily Distracted; 09-12-2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up just wish he had 2 of them!

Comment

I wouldn't hold out for someone that happens to have two complete setups. You may want to hold out for single end but the components are prevailant enough in the hobby to piece them together. I bought most of my components a piece at a time.

Comment

Yeah i am not sure I want DE I am talking to a guy that has two individual Hamilton 250 watt pendants (reefsun). He said they are about 3 years old and have the older magnetic ballasts not sure what that means. They come with working bulbs but I would get new ones. He wants $150 + shipping what do you think?

Comment

Sammie has two DE reflectors he gave me to bring to the swap. He is asking $50.00 for each. Not sure what brand they are but they are in very nice shape.
                    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

I still have these..
                        http://corareef.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11777
                        Bill

"consider these truths humans only love what they know and people do not destroy what they love." Robert M. Fenner

Comment

And I wish I could buy them they are a nice set up. Just a little out of my price range.

Comment

If you ever do a buy one get one deal let me know!

Comment

I'll keep that in mind.
                              Bill

"consider these truths humans only love what they know and people do not destroy what they love." Robert M. Fenner

Comment

Working...
                              X