No announcement yet.

GEO shallow 150

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far I plan on having 3 mp40s and 2 9f the large gyres on this tank. I have some jabeos as well if I have some dead spots. I hope that will be enough for this 4x4. Especially only being 16" tall
    -Travis-

Comment

Yes I do. He ran a huge return pump and tinkered with a closed loop as well. The closed loop is my last option, I'm currently looking to upgrade to a few MP60's with hopes that the force from their flow will bounce off the front pane and work with the gyre I have. Being a walk around tank, I didn't want powerheads on any pane except the back one, nor did I want a bunch of pumps in the tank with cords hanging over the tank, out in the open. Just my personal preference on that though.
      These are possibly short term issues anywho, because once I move I would like to get a big tank.

corey
      Last edited by BIECAKA; 10-25-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIECAKA View Post
        Yes I do. He ran a huge return pump and tinkered with a closed loop as well. The closed loop is my last option, I'm currently looking to upgrade to a few MP60's with hopes that the force from their flow will bounce off the front pane and work with the gyre I have. Being a walk around tank, I didn't want powerheads on any pane except the back one, nor did I want a bunch of pumps in the tank with cords hanging over the tank, out in the open. Just my personal preference on that though.
        These are possibly short term issues anywho, because once I move I would like to get a big tank.

corey
        uhm your tank is big.

So far I plan on having 3 mp40s and 2 9f the large gyres on this tank. I have some jabeos as well if I have some dead spots. I hope that will be enough for this 4x4. Especially only being 16" tall
        I think the best thing to do is have them programmed and working together. Being shallow would be cool to try and mimick tides with flow

Comment

yea Corey your tank is already pretty big. that's the plan on getting the pumps working together to mimic a tide if possible
          -Travis-

Comment

ok, so these are the par readings I have with the tank. Should I jump up to 400w MH or keep the 250s?
            -Travis-

Comment

Gonna be some short sps colonies.

Comment

Originally posted by szwab View Post
                Gonna be some short sps colonies.
                more chances to frag
                -Travis-

Comment

Is that rock protruding from the water?!
                  Fragging is good!

corey

Comment

yes it is corey, it looks nice in person, which is why im trying to avoid lowering the lights
                    -Travis-

Comment

Sweet man. I think you have the lights figured out now! Did you notice any increase in par levels?

corey

Comment

Working...
                      X