Setting up 150H

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up 150H

I am in the process of setting up my new 150H aquarium. We are putting it in our bedroom with the equipment below in the basement.
    I am using an old 120 as a display fuge and to run some equipment out of. I have the stand built for it and also built a multipurpose stand to place next to it. That stand will house all of the electrical plugs, dosing station, and cultures.

I have ordered tanks for my mixing station, hopefully they will be in soon (been about 3 weeks). I bought two 30gal tanks, one for rodi and one for fresh saltwater.

I still need to figure out the sump for under the fuge. I have rock, sand and some macro in there now getting a jump start on the cycle. The rocks and sand are all left overs from my previous system.

That looks cool. You going to tale the rock out when you add macro?

Comment

I am going to take most of it out. A lot of it will end up in the 150 display tank and some of it will get dried back out once I figure out what is not going to be used.

Comment

nice. I miss when I had a display fuge. I may have liked it more than the reef! lol.

Comment

Yeah I find myself already sitting in front of it watching the copepods run around the glass. Their polulation has exploded. I bought a couple of bags of copepods to seed it with.

I bought 2 of these fluval led lights when they were on sale a couple of months ago. I finally got use them and one quit working after 10 days. I emailed fluval about it and they told me to return it to the store.
          Well that is about a 3 hour round trip and i highly doubt that i am still in the return window. So I tore it apart and it was just a diode that got fried. So I soldered in a new one and it is back up and running.

Comment

Pretty excited the tanks for my water storage are finally home. Now I can make some progress.

Ordered these through national tank outlet. They are made in lancaster, I actually picked them up at the plant. Took them about 5 weeks to make them though.

Comment

Like the look of those a lot. Thank you for posting where you got them!
              -Aanonymous- (John)

Comment

Working...
              X