• Show
Clear All

boom. that salt water or leaktest?

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyMint View Post
      boom. that salt water or leaktest?
      Sorry... What?┬*

Comment

are you doing a leak test with fresh water or is that your salt water for the cycle

Comment

No, no freshwater involved. ┬*Tanks been up and cycling since early March┬*

Comment

wow, i think i was reading page one of this thread when responding. haha my bad. the old website would take me to last page automatically when clicking on it i think. sorry. haha

Comment

Update time. Tank is through the cycle and some initial stocking has taken place. The clowns have moved over in addition to a new pair of springers damsels. Most of the corals I intended to take from the old tank are also moved over. I still need to frag a few more things from the old tank including some zoas, my big toadstool, and a chunk of galaxea. The only remaining inhabitants are my bicolor blenny, a couple of peppermint shrimp, and other various cuc members. They'll all be impossible to catch until the tank is broken down. Nothing in the new tank is glued down yet with the exception of a stick of green slimer that decided that it wanted to quickly encrust into the hole I stuck it in.

With the old tank being broken down shortly if anyone want someone to swap anything for a handful (or more) of xenia please let me know. I will be donating whatever is leftover to a lfs.┬*

Current water conditions
              Ammonia: 0
              Nitrite : 0
              Nitrate: 10
              Ca: 490
              Alk: 8.7
              Mag: 1400
              Ph: 8.2
              Salinity: 1.026

┬*
              Last edited by TurboMark; 05-07-2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Another update and seeking some opinions. ┬*

I've added a few more corals since the last time. ┬*
                Cats paw
                Tri color tort┬*
                Ora red planet
                Monti spongodes (this one alk shocked and might not make it)┬*
                Pc rainbow acro┬*
                Blasto merletti┬*
                No name acan┬*
                A couple more zoas
                And an rose bta┬*

My question is what should I put on top of the large rock on the right? ┬*It's more or less a large flat surface. ┬*I don't know if I want more sticks or something encrusting. ┬*I'm open to suggestions┬*
                ┬*

┬*
                Last edited by TurboMark; 07-06-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I've always been a fan of sticks, but there are some nice encrusting pieces as well. looking good though. what lights do you have over the tank?
                  -Travis-

Comment

Reefbreeders photon v2┬*

Comment

Being that the top of the right rock would be high light/high flow, I would stick with a light-loving SPS. There are some beautiful scrolling and encrusting a montipora. I'm a big fan of tabling acros.

Comment

So I just realized that it's been about a year since I started the thread. I figure it's time for an update.

​​​​​​So the past year has been an adventure, lots of ups and downs. But ultimately I've learned a ton and I feel like the tanks stability has finally turned a corner. I'm still making tweaks and improvements as I go along but I'm no longer modifying water parameters or other major areas. My goal ultimately was to keep a nice mini spend reef and it's progressing toward that point. Right now it's probably 60% sps, 30% lps, and some zoa's. Swimming inhabitants have seen the addition of a Ward's tiger sandsifter goby, a yellow coris wrasse, and a tailspot blenny that takes the place of my deceased bicolor blenny. In addition I still have the pair of clowns and the springers damsels.

I'm picking up a few more sticks at the Lear swap this weekend and I think that's going to be it for a while. Time to sit back, try to relax, and watch stuff grow.
                        Last edited by TurboMark; 02-22-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

A couple more. Managed to get all the fish in one picture.

Comment

Test.
                            IMG_20180222_173227.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X