40 breeder project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 breeder project

For the past 4 years I've been running a very basic 20L mixed reef with nothing more than a hob filter and regular water changes. I finally got lazy and put a hob skimmer on last fall. Tank inhabitants include a couple of clowns, bicolor blenny , and the usual cuc. Originally started with softies and branched into some LPS. However over the past couple years the tank has almost completely been overrun by xenia.

With all of that I decided to upgrade to a larger tank, but more importantly a sump with all of the proper accessories (full size skimmer, fuge, 2 part dosing, and ato.

Progress on the stand has taken a while to get where it is. Goal is to get construction and sanding finished this week so I can take advantage of the good temps this weekend to work on painting the inside and staining the exterior.

Equipment so far:
    Bubble Magus curve A5
    Modular marine ghost style overflow (bean animal)
    Jebao DC return pump
    Jebao wavemaker powerhead
    Inkbird temperature controller (controls heater and cooling fans)
    Going to start using my current black box led but will be upgrading over the summer
    Still need to decide on ato and dosing setup and a number of other things.

I'll be updating as progress is made

Some pictures attached here, disregard the disaster that is my garage/shop.
    https://goo.gl/photos/CYziv8xRj4RVvrJa9

Like that stand very much! look forward to seeing how this progresses.
    -Aanonymous- (John)

Comment

Looking good!

You might want to consider putting a small piece of foam under the tank incase the floor is not completely level.

Comment

I actually have leveling feet on the bottom of the stand to account for any levelness issues. It's also going in the same spot as the current 20l and I've had no issues with it so far.

Comment

Nice. Good thinking. Do try to make it out to a meeting to make some new fish nerd friends.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have to check it out sometime. Also, thanks for merging threads

Comment

Some updates on the stand. First coat of stain is on, one more goes on today them just a couple of coats of poly and some paste wax.

https://goo.gl/photos/uon7FgF6nTZvEqVP9
              Last edited by TurboMark; 02-19-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Updates! Stand is finished and ready to roll. Plumbing was completed yesterday although I might still make some small changes and I still need to secure all the piping to the stand. Nevertheless I was able to get the tank wet and test everything, all seems to be working well.

Everything is real dirty and will need a good cleaning before bringing it inside and setting up.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions on changes.

I will be making a shelf to go above the sump that will hold ATO reservoir, doser, and two part containers.

Last edited by TurboMark; 02-26-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

nice lookin good.

Comment

Looking good so far Like that stand.
                    ==> New 210 Miracles Starphire Build in Progress!

Comment

Originally posted by ws6kid View Post
                      Looking good so far Like that stand.
                      I was still interested in that sand from you BTW... Just can't post in the trading area for some reason

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice!
                        -Aanonymous- (John)

Comment

Got the old tank moved to temporary location and new rank in place. It's only an upgrade from a 20long but the new one is huge in comparison.

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

Rockwork in

Comment

Working...
                              X