t81rd's 210g Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t81rd's 210g Journey

I decided that I would start up my build log. Please let me know if pictures don't decide to post. I moved to a new apartment on the 22nd of October and decided it would be time to upgrade to make it a little easier.

I started with a 210g from a fellow member of the club, but was not comfortable with the silicone

Thinking it wouldn't be a large task I decided to strip the bath seal and put new silicone down.

After about a week of stripping the old silicone and making sure it was clean I then applied tape to get a nice even joint

Actually applying the silicone wasn't a hard task, but it was very messy. I decided to drill the tank for a peninsula style for the future, but in my current apartment, I just couldn't make it work.

After finally getting the apartment setting the aquarium was finally underway. I never realized how many 5 gallon buckets fit into a 210g tank until i moved all 120g from my previous apartment to the new one to save as much as possible.

about 20 trips back and forth to the old place i finally got it filled as much as possible

Decided to go with a Herbie style overflow to make it as quiet as possible not having room to have a sump room

hide the supply piping inside the canopy so that you could still see through the aquarium without seeing any pipes in the way

Got the aquarium settled and added all the rock and livestock that I could

thankfully Corey stepped up and i could get a lot more base rock to fill it in. to be extra safe I decided to give it another muriatic acid bath

setup the rocks after soaking them in water. I am not a good aquascaper by any means but I'm happy with it so far

still need to get another Kessil for the middle but that is further down the line when I get a little more funds.
    Unfortunately moving caused me to loose almost all my sps, but I will try again in a few months when the tank settles back in. For now I'm doing fairly well with my lps and softies that i had.

decided to add my first anemone to my aquarium since i can have him settle in a location without killing my sps

I will try to keep posting pictures and keep this thread alive as it progresses. for now, it will be a slow pace.
    Last edited by t81rd; 11-24-2016, 05:09 PM. Reason: Holy sizing batman
    -Travis-

Nice start! Look forward to seeing how this continues to develop.
    -Aanonymous- (John)

Comment

looking good Travis.
      Lindsey

Comment

Agree, this build is off to a great start, I'm really digging the aquascaping.
        Good work Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Porky View Post
          Agree, this build is off to a great start, I'm really digging the aquascaping.
          Good work Travis
          i was digging the aquascaping until I wanted to place any corals. Got a few corals and knocked the bridge over. This is what it currently looks like

i do like it but I don't know what I like more
          -Travis-

Comment

Looks good Travis! I like that you kept your rock low to allow for upwards growth.

Comment

Glad the tank worked out for you, looks good and can't wait to see how it ends up looking down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hollback View Post
                Looks good Travis! I like that you kept your rock low to allow for upwards growth.
                It's easy to do on such a tall tank, but I am planning on making it sps dominant so I do need the upwards growth
                -Travis-

Comment

Travis, I'm glad the rock helped fill out your tank buddy! It looks good for sure. I'll be watching along, and let me know if I can do anything else to help you.

Corey

Comment

Resealing those tanks is a bear, but you will not regret that for sure. Looking great!
                    ==> New 210 Miracles Starphire Build in Progress!

Comment

Nice meeting you this evening. Good luck with the build. Keep us posted.
                      Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ws6kid View Post
                        Resealing those tanks is a bear, but you will not regret that for sure. Looking great!
                        yea, it was definitely worth it, but I could never have predicted the amount of work that went into it.
                        -Travis-

Comment

Originally posted by jh2pizza View Post
                          Nice meeting you this evening. Good luck with the build. Keep us posted.
                          It was nice meeting you too, I'll keep this thread updated, for now not much is changing other than adding some nice reactors
                          -Travis-

Comment

new addition to my tank, so far I love it
                            -Travis-

Comment

Great looking skimmer, where did you pick it up at? That thing will kick butt!!

Corey

Comment

Working...
                              X