Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60+125 build/ upgrade

Hi All,

Im still new to this hobby and this site as well. I currently have a 60 gallon cube and will be upgrading/adding a 125 gallon.

I have been collecting and ordering items for this build for the last 6 months and finally ordered the tank last night.

I'm going to be setting up both tanks feeding into one sump. I will be posting photos and updates on the progress of the build over the next couple months.

I would love feed back and input on the build as i go from the more experienced people in the hobby.

Current list of equipment
    60g cube deep blue rimless.
    aqueon 125 duel maga flows.
    custom extended emerald 44 from trigger systems
    Trigger systems 10g ATO container
    ATI sun power 60x6 T5 light
    Nepune apex classic
    Tunz osmolator ATO
    Skimz monster br103 biopellet reactor
    2 - Skimz fm100 media reactors for carbon and gfo
    Skimz monster sm163 protein skimmer
    300w eheim jagger heater

Im sure there are some other odds and ends and i will show all that during the build photos.

I cant wait to get started and share the progress here, please comment with advice and input

Looks like you are off to a nice start and look forward to pics
    -Aanonymous- (John)

Comment

Thanks, I also forgot to add in that i had a pair of Mp40's

Comment

Great start and welcome
        This is my reef tank
        There are many like it
        But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

Thanks i cant wait i pick up the tank friday and then plan on starting the build next weekend.
          How do you like the Bubble magus doser. Im trying to decide between that and the neptune dos

Comment

First photos

Here are some of the first photos of the sump and other parts.
            Much more to come

Comment

Great looking start!!! Where did order the tank from? Love the sump man, those things look nice.

Corey

Comment

I ordered my tank from JP success in lancaster oh. I love in canal so they are the the closest LFS to my house.

As for the sump i contacted trigger systems directly and they extended the skimmer section for me 5 inches so i could run all the equipment that i wanted to.

Comment

Does jp build tanks too? I like the trigger systems for sure. I want a nice pretty sump for my tank one day. I have contemplated a Geo one, but I'll need a bigger. But my 75 gallon works just fine.
                  I'll keep checking on your build man. Great start

Corey

Comment

nice choices
                    Lindsey

Comment

ive been thinking about the skimz line of skimmers, let me know how that works for you
                      -Travis-

Comment

thanks for all the comments everyone

As of now JP does not build tanks but he can order from the major tank brands, they are a real small shop but so far has been really helpful

As for the Skimz products i have been really happy with them, I have been running the biopellet reactor in my 60 cube and i have a smaller skimmer from then running in my 60 as well both have performed well.

One other good thing is Bulk Reef Supply online has rights to handle the warranties for skimz as well as carry spare parts so its super easy to get a part if i need one.

I had the pump fail on my biopellet reactor while in warrienty and BRS overnight shipped me a replacment.

Comment

what are the plans for having two separate tanks instead of 1 tank maybe 2 feet longer? going to house separate non compatible fish or like an anemone tank or something? looks cool bud.

Comment

Im going to be connecting both my 60 and my 150 into the same sump.

I want the 125 to hold larger fish like tangs my 60 is a cube so its only 2X2 so I will be getting something 4 feet longer.

Comment

Top notch products you have there. Looking forward to seeing it come together.
                              ==> New 210 Miracles Starphire Build in Progress!

Comment

Working...
                              X