110 Tank Upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110 Tank Upgrade

Took me awhile to get our project posted on here but everything has come together finally. We went from a 75g saltwater tank upstairs to a 110g tall on the ground floor. The project didn't go quite as smooth as we would have hoped. Whether it was something breaking, soaked carpet, or the many trips to home depot it will be a build we won't soon forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you feel the spread is with that kessil? I have debated on them myself.
    If I could suggest one thing though, it would to try and move the rock off the back wall so you can clean back there and get a good flow back there. To help prevent it from becoming a collecting place for debris.

Corey

Comment

I agree with Corey. You will also get better flow. With that height you could do some amazing aquascaping. A couple really tall pilars would look awesome.

Comment

So far we are happy with the kessil, I guess we will see how the corals do then it may or may not change that ha ha.

We originally were going to do a different layout with the rocks but the epoxy wouldn't hold. With all of the other issues we were having we settled with the rock against the wall after another hobbyist told us that's what he did. Our fish love it as there are plenty of hiding spots but I'm not against doing something different but at this point I'm not quite sure how I would even begin a project like that.

Comment

You could almost just try to slide it a bit off the glass. Enough to get a class cleaner back there. Water flow and such. I agree, rockwork is the hardest part of a set up for me. I have these great visions in my head, but then the non artist comes out of me!!!! I had some help with my current rock work and I am very happy with it.

Corey

Comment

When we first set our 75 up I spent alot of time laying the rock out and it was pretty good. That was until I had to get a tang with ich out, it was painful to say the least.

Comment

Working...
            X