92g Corner Tank Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92g Corner Tank Build

I am finally getting around to starting to build my 92g corner tank that I got off of craigslist months ago. I currently have a 72g bowfront up and running and plan to break it down and move everything over to the 92g. Along with the 92g I also got a bunch of rock (~90lbs) that I have in a 40 gallon brute trash can. I already purchased new sand as well and will throw my old sand away.

My 72g has been running for about a year now with pretty good success although I do have GHA, bubble algae, and I think I just saw a few flatworms.

A question I have for the community is should I start fresh with the 92g and cook all of the rock in the 72g since I have GHA, BA, and possibly flatworms? I am hesitant to do this as the rock has a lot of good life (tube worms, green sponges, coralline, etc.)

Thanks in advance for the responses!
    Last edited by mchute85; 06-25-2016, 09:43 AM.

You could give it a good scrub before you transfer it. Just give it a good rinse.

Comment

i would re-use the rock, imo algae is managable enough to not worrying about starting over
      -Travis-

Comment

I'm a fan of cooking and starting from scratch. Just add a few pieces of good clean liverock to seed it. Just my opinion.
        This is my reef tank
        There are many like it
        But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

We are in the process of getting our 210 planned out and we are going to start fresh. Everyone has different results doing different things, I just figure new tank why not have new problems ha ha. Good luck with the build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X