Suggestions on Tank Builder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on Tank Builder

I'm looking to get a custom build done, but not sure where to look. I'm looking to get something wide 48x 30 or 36 x24 or 60x30x24. Suggestions would be great. Glass or acrylic would work. I'm not looking to spend the price of a used car though. Thanks

Maybe ask George.

Corey

Comment

Yes I will give George a call but I have a feeling it's going to be a little more than I want to pay. He does great work but want to keep it under $2000 and I think at this size the tank will be over 3k. I'll still have to buy every else so trying to budget it out. Would be nice to find a used tank but don't see many wide tanks out there. I did see a new 48x48 new on Craigslist for a great price but it is just to big for my space or I would in a heartbeat. Skimmer,pumps,rock is all going to add up fast. I have a good idea what I want to do and can go a bit cheaper on some items initially.

Comment

I think I seen the tank u were talking about on cl. For 1500, nice tank!!! Shop around if u have a little time u can find a killer deal eventually

Comment

There are two very nice tanks in CL now. Both are band new. One is acrylic 48x48 that didn't fit in guys basement he has dropped price all the way down to 2k and the other was a 72x36 star fire glass but it has a chip on corner and he dropped price to 1k but not sure if that one can be fixed or rebraced somehow. Both are brighter than I can use now. Plus I don't want to get over my head. Craigslist can be a pain. I tried to contact a guy about a 93 cube for weeks now and he responded once then never returned any messages. It was fustraiting. I actually want two tanks one cube either a 60 or preferably 93, and this one. My only real want is for it to be 30"-36" wide. I would even do at 36" square. Also want to be able to fit equipment in stand. I'm going to go the Zeovit route.

Comment

I know the guy with the 72x36. I think the chip is more cosmetic than structural. If you're interested, I'd go take a look at it.

Comment

Jason is that the 300dd, I seen that also that's a nice tank. I don't think a chip on the corner is bad!!! I got Allens tank bwhen he moved to Texas and haven't ever had a issue with it, it got hit on the corner and chipped.

Comment

I'd check with Jeremy at Aquarium Artisans. He has a lot of extra tanks and equipment. I'm sure Jennifer would love to see some of it gone. Lol
                This is my reef tank
                There are many like it
                But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

Thanks for advice peps. The one 72x36. It's beautiful but just to big. My max length is 60. Hey when did Phishy business close? Is that new store off Cherry bottom have a lot of same folks working? I knew they got into some trouble in the past so thought it may have stemmed from that. But anyways thanks for info on builders or where I can find one. I really got the itch to get this going.

Comment

Totally agree.

I think the chip is more cosmetic than structural
                    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X