New build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build

Well its time for an upgrade. Going from a fluval spec v it's a 5.5 gallon been up and running since January.

Sunday afternoon went to Rivers to Reefs and ordered a 18" cube 25 gallon rimless. It is going to be drilled for a overflow and return. Do to size i am going to stuff a 10 gallon in for a sump. Later on i will get a pre made sump but this will work for now.

Here is what i have so far on the sump.

I have not siliconed anything in yet. The first chamber will be the drain from the tank. Second chamber i am thinking filter sock or making a media basket. Third will be skimmer at sometime or cheato then baffles. Last the return pump.

Next couple couple of days i will be building the stand.

new builds are my favorite thing. following along

Comment

Starting the stand tonight.

Comment

So this is what i have so far for the stand. I made is 18" deep and 25" long just enough for a sump upgrade later. Going to put a corian top on it. Need to work on the sides and front and bottom.

Comment

Picked the tank up today. Need doors on the stand.

Comment

I like that the stand is bigger than the tank. If mine wasnt in wall thats how I like it also. What light are you going to use bro?

Comment

I am using a kessil 160.

Comment

Made a media basket if needed.

Comment

For bags of carbon and such?

Comment

I been using the chemipure and purigen on the tank now. But have room for a filter sock also

Comment

You can switch to Chemipure Blue and ditch the Purigen.

Comment

Yes, that's right I forget they have that.

Comment

Well got the tank up and running. Got everything moved over also. Just need to get a skimmer

Comment

Well haven't updated any. On black Friday I ordered a ro/di from BRS 75gpd. Finally got it hooked up this weekend. Going to add a fitting to drain the water to another bucked. FitS in the area really nice.

Picked up this skimmer been running a few weeks not much of a load.

We went to ikea last weekend and thought this would be nice for storage. Can see stuff in it but a little more organized.

Comment

Nice. Lookin clean

Comment

Working...
                              X