Algae scrubber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Algae scrubber

Anyone running an algae scrubber? Thoughts?
    This is my reef tank
    There are many like it
    But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

If you want something to tinker with set one up. If you are setting it up for nutrient removal, there are much better ways.

Comment

I ran one for about a year. The only thing I noticed was more maintenance that I had to do.
      Bill

"consider these truths humans only love what they know and people do not destroy what they love." Robert M. Fenner

Comment

Thanks guys. I think I was more interested in tinkering than anything.
        More maintenance is not my thing.
        This is my reef tank
        There are many like it
        But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

i have been thinking about seen how well one will work.if you try this Shane let me know what you think

Comment

Sorry to chime in late.......
            I have a scrubber on my 185, love it........great way to get algae out of the tank

Comment

i dont see how it could do anything but help. assuming you actually harvest the algae out. it certainly wont introduce any more nutrients. lol. If you have the space i've always wanted to try one.

Comment

Don't really have a problem. Just bored. Can't pet the fish or play with the coral. Need another project I guess.
                This is my reef tank
                There are many like it
                But this one is mine

Comment

Need another project...........lol

I am setting up a horse tank

Comment

David: Oohh...fun times. Make sure you have a supply of food on hand for when they mate. I had two a while back (lost in the Ike power outage), that acted like teenagers in heat. I had hundreds of babies every couple months, but without a supply of food 4-6 times a day, they won't make it.

Comment

Here a pic of mine in my 185..........you tell me if it's working.........lol

Comment

Lol

Comment

I have a list of projects if you're bored. Lol

Comment

Did you ever get this set up? the only thing i'd consider is buying one of those santamonica scrubbers. Less worry about me doing something wrong or low grade.

Comment

Nope. I'm too lazy. Lol
                              This is my reef tank
                              There are many like it
                              But this one is mine

Comment

Working...
                              X