No announcement yet.

My dream build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The angry staring at an empty tank has begun.

Comment

There are not many variables. I have mine plumbed into a chamber of my skimmer that always stays the same water height. But I don't think it really matters with an external skimmer.

Corey

Comment

any suggestions on return pumps? internal is fine, I have 2 1 inch returns on opposite end of the tank as well as two 2 inch drains on opposite sides.

Should I T-off a single return to both sides or do two single returns to each return?

and tips/suggestions on specific types of pumps and flow rate suggestions would be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

Comment

I definitely would not do two return pumps. I'd t off the main pump to each side. For the drains depending on your setup have one gopto the Refugio's the other to the sump.

Comment

+1 ^^. One pump is fine, I am not very familiar with internal pumps though, I run a reefflo goby gold on my tank. External, throttled back, quiet and a workhorse. Feeds my tank and a manifold.

Corey

Comment

There is beauty in both designs. While I run a reeflo return pump and T it off, there is the sense of security using 2 smaller but quality pumps such as Eheim for a return if your gone all the time like us. But I would never do it unless you have to have the additional redundancy.
              Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

I think im just going to T off a single mag-24 or comparable sicce return. I only thought of the "two pumps" incase one failed, but for electricity sake ill probably just buy two pumps one for a spare.

Comment

Mag pumps work well however with the 24 you probably won't need a heater... Ever. Lol. They run very hot. I would personally recommend the sicce silence series pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Luckily i use LEDs lol

Comment

Leds don't cool the water though. Just saying be aware. I had a mag 9 in a 90 and tank and it would not go below 80. That was with t5 lighting so no heat there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with John. If you're running a mag submerged, it will heat your tank. I had great experience with Quiet One pumps. They are really quiet, and don't put off a lot of heat.

Like most, I run a Reeflo Dart and tee off and feed my ca reactor and frag tank. One pump to cut down on equipment and electrical cost but no redundancy. But I do keep a spare so that's my safeguard.

Comment

Ok, fair enough. Was leaning that way anyhow. On a side note, whoever asked if I was going to try ZEOvit, welll.... ive got the itch so i think I will do it. There forums have such great support and responses to every level of questions including step by step guides on how to initiate the system I will feel more confident in the coming weeks while I wait on the basement work to compelete anyways

Comment

I like the Panworld/Blueline pumps. They're fairly quiet, easy to clean and don't use too much electricity.
                            Vaughn

IM Fusion Nuvo 20G, Ghost Skimmer, Kessil A360WE, Neptune Apex, Neptune Apex DOS, Gyre 130, Tunze 3155 ATO,

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyMint View Post
                              Ok, fair enough. Was leaning that way anyhow. On a side note, whoever asked if I was going to try ZEOvit, welll.... ive got the itch so i think I will do it. There forums have such great support and responses to every level of questions including step by step guides on how to initiate the system I will feel more confident in the coming weeks while I wait on the basement work to compelete anyways
                              From experience, Zeo is very, very expensive in the long run. I don't know you, and what you can/can't afford, but it does get pretty pricey.

You could always just want to do the big "3" but may get tempted into their other additives.

Did you look into the Avast Vibe? It can connect to a controller and vibrate the mulm from the Zeo. Looks pretty cool and sure beats going downstairs and stirring the zeo/mulm manually.

Hope that first sentence didn't come off the wrong way.

Comment

Ya, ive been doing a lot of research. The big 4 is the only required. The others i can use as desired. A bag of zeolite is about 17$ once a month and the 50ml bottles of the other stuff will last a year. The zeovit reactor has a nice handle to shake the stuff and ill be in my fish room daily anyways. 10 seconds of that is no big deal. Plus i feel obligated to try it for the fellow who said on here he was dying to see how it went. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X