No announcement yet.

My dream build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact George. Give him the size of it. He can match it up perfect. Based on the looks of it though I would guess the 55 woukd be perfect. It's a little smaller than mine(from the looks of it) and I run an iwaki 55 on mine and its a beast. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't clean my injector as much as others. Maybe once a month during water changes.
    When properly tuned, any skimmer but will tell you nothing performs better then a beckett. Some just argue they aren't efficient as needlewheels. Congrats in the skimmer, you will like it.

Corey

Comment

does it come with the 100 ? I am thinking I ran a 55 when I had it.
      Last edited by buckeyereefer; 03-04-2015, 11:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Corey..it is about 2/3 size of yours max.

Comment

I can not recall who I sold that to....

Comment

Thanks Larry, I would look at the 55 at the largest. See if you can find a 40 or something. If not, you might have to just dial it down a little bit. Not a big deal.

Corey

Comment

It is 22 inch tall

Comment

Originally posted by BIECAKA View Post
                Thanks Larry, I would look at the 55 at the largest. See if you can find a 40 or something. If not, you might have to just dial it down a little bit. Not a big deal.

Corey
                my thoughts exactly.... nice thing with this on Grizz is the overflow container with the shutoff. just in case skimmer goes nuts

Comment

Well ill be angry at all of you if it isnt beastly enough for my system. Haha

Comment

Lol. That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Grizzy, he great hung about a beckett is, George can make you an extension tune for the skimmer/riser and then you upgrade pumps and voila!!! You have a bigger skimmer……
                    Mine isn't much bigger, has a 55 iwaki on it and my tank has 26 fish and I feed heavy. Can handle another 150-200 gallons and 20 more fish is what we think. They are small but powerful.

Just ask questions when you are setting it up, there are plenty of people here to help you.

Corey

Comment

Ok. I will be strictly sps, not letting anything not a stick enter my aquarium, so ill take your word for it. Ill be running low on fish stock, going for ULNS.

Comment

Cool. That skimmer will work perfect for you and a UNLS. those systems require a big skimmer to pull all the gunk out that the carbon source helps remove. Will you be dosing vinegar, bio pellets, vodka, or using ZEOvit. I'm not familiar with ZEOvit really and was always curious about how it was to use and the results. I mean I read about it but never seen it in person.

Corey

Comment

I will not be doing ZEOvit. To me i feel like it will be easy to miss a step eventually. I prefer running GFO too afraid to take that offline.
                          Last edited by GrizzlyMint; 03-06-2015, 04:36 PM.

Comment

how low are you wanting to keep your parameters as far as ULNS ? ...just curious

Comment

Goal 1ppm nitrate less than .03 phosphate

Comment

Ok, question about external skimmers.

I did pick up that geo from my buddy.... the cough beckett . lol

internal skimmers like to sit in X number of inches of water to function properly.

What are the variables for external that is not sitting in water?

Comment

Working...
                                X