No announcement yet.

My dream build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This LFS did have a few to sell and still told me not to. I buy enough from them and pay them for labor often, i dont think this was the issue. Now with positive reviews though now i have something to concider. This is why I ask questions

Comment

Not sure what your local blacklick store has in stock, Phishy has reef octopus and a few older asm or something like that. He can also get Bubble King. If your looking online, I see on RC a lot of hype about the aquamaxx/JNS brand. They are the same just rebranded different names. I have spoken to Chad @ ATB extensively about skimmers and the products they offer. He is a great guy and very knowledgeable. If I was going to replace my skimmer, I would probably go with ATB. Great reviews on them and not much more than most other similar skimmers but they have a much better pump on them.

Corey

Comment

I was going to order a reef octopus external most likely. I have always liked reef octopus in the past.

Comment

Check out your store you get labor from. They might be able to get you one and would appreciate your business. I also know Phishy, reefsytems, and rivers to reef all carry RO and would love to have the chance to sell one.
          Support local when possible.

Corey

Comment

Any one have any opinions on this model?

http://fragtasticreef.com/SRO-2000-E...RO-2000EXT.htm

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzlyMint View Post
              Any one have any opinions on this model?

http://fragtasticreef.com/SRO-2000-E...RO-2000EXT.htm
              IMHO.....pricey

Comment

Pricey?? Bubble kings etc are like 2grand. Do you have a non walmart brand option for a 150 thats less? Id love to spend less. Lol

Comment

best bang for your buck. why buy a beckett style body with recirc pump...when you can get real thing. AND if you think this RO 2000 is set an forget your mistaken. the feed pump will need cleaned often or flow slows an you will have to your adjust outlet. an air intake like all skimmers will get crap collected an need cleaned every few months. I have had recirculation skimmers. also in my opinion a BB2000 isn't enough for your water volume size. a 5000 would be more appropriate...once again my opinion.

http://www.corareef.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20477

Comment

My buddy has this skimmer hes offered to sell me as well, but i guess my concerns are that I dont know enough about skimmers to know if its really big enough for my next tank etc if its a one of a kind item without a million youtube videos or reviews. Although i guesz that proves nothing either

Comment

that looks like one I had awhile back!!what pump is he running on this ?

Comment

Blueline

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyereefer View Post
                          that looks like one I had awhile back!!what pump is he running on this ?
                          Lol. Didn't I sell that to you Larry? Geo rated that skimmer at around 350g if I recall correctly.

I personally didn't care for the beckett type skimmer. Louder than I personally liked and didn't perform that well. I was one that I had to clean the air intake once a week due to salt creep or this clear slime...

Comment

Jason....I was thinking that was the one I got from you. but I believe I used my own pump an it was smaller than you were running. probably was the noise issue. NOW the clear slime ....

Comment

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2485286

this guy might deal.

Comment

Ithink im going to pick up my buddies skimmer and use a blueline 100 pump, or do you think the blueline 55 would be better?

Comment

Working...
                                X