Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flieger's 125 reef build

Hello all.
    After being out of the hobby for a long while I'm pulling the trigger on a new tank. My original plan was for a Nuvo 38 nano-reef in our living room. That idea was not approved by SWMBO. The next idea was an 80 gallon frag tank in the basement. The response was "That's not going to be wide or tall enough. Get something bigger." So not wanting to disappoint my wife I've decided on a 125 reef ready. I'll be doing a Bean Animal/ Herbie overflow. The other things I have purchased or plan to are the following:

TANK: 125 REEF READY

STAND: CUSTOM BUILT

CONTROLLER: APEX

LIGHTS: DUAL EVERGROW IT2060

SUMP: DIY 40 GALLON BREEDER

SKIMMER: AVAST CS1

RETURN PUMP: RLSS WAVELINE DC 6000

ATO: AVAST

WAVE PUMPS: 2 x JEBAO WP-25

REACTORS: BRS DUAL GFO/CARBON

HEATER: 2 x 200 WATT EHEIM JAGER

TESTING KITS: REFRECTOMETER, HANNA CHECKER, RED SEA, ETC.

RO/DI: BRS 4 STAGE 75 GPD WITH 150 GPD WATER SAVER

DOSER PUMPS: BRS 2 PART DOSER 1.1 ML/MIN

GRAVEL: REEF ROCK STORE SAND

ROCK: THE REEF ROCK STORE DRY ROCK – 100LBS

Any suggestions on things that I may have missed would be appreciated.
    I'll post pics as the build comes along.

Welcome back! Can't wait to see the pictures.
    Adam

35 gallon GEO mixed reef tank; 2 Kessil 160s; full apex and mp10.

Comment

Thanks. I'm afraid it might be a slow build since I'm away from home a lot but I'll update regularly.

Comment

Take your time, no need to rush and ask lots of questions.

Welcome!

Comment

Will do. My last tank was 10+ years ago. A 120 reef, MH and VHO actinics. Deep sand bed with a plenum. It worked well for a while but was maintenance intensive and then the sand bed started acting up and things started to go down hill. We moved from Cinci to Cbus and the tank didn't make the move.

Comment

The Jabeo pumps are great. Are two 25s going to be enough? I have a 40 on my stock tank and I wish I went bigger.
            Adam

Comment

They might not be. I was mulling over the idea of the 40's but wasn't 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Flieger View Post
                They might not be. I was mulling over the idea of the 40's but wasn't 100% sure.
                Just a thought....the price difference is not that much more. I think it is better to dial back your flow than wish you had more.
                Adam

Comment

I had a 125 with two wp40's and they worked great.

positioning is important but I ran them both at full blast. you'll want at least one wp40 and one wp 25 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by smoke View Post
                    The Jabeo pumps are great. Are two 25s going to be enough? I have a 40 on my stock tank and I wish I went bigger.
                    I'm using a 25 on my 65 which is 3' wide and could use 2 of them, I would say on a 6' tank that might not be enough depending on what you plan to keep. I would probably use 2-40's, one on each end with the new dual controller they offer.

Comment

I would do the two 40's I have two on my 120 and while there sufficient, I'm either gonna ad another one or a 60! Love the pumps though and a good one to have in imo!

Comment

I'd go bigger. Wp60 and connect it to your apex. If the flow is too much you can always dial in. You can also diy a battery backup for it.
                        This is my reef tank
                        There are many like it
                        But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

A lot will depend on what types of corals you plan on keeping but i'd suggest two WP40s.

Welcome back!

Comment

You've all convinced me to go with the 40's. I think the 60's would be too much and they're a lot bigger than the 40's physically. I have 2 cables that will interface the pumps with my Apex so that should be fun to play with. I'm planning on mostly SPS.

Comment

I run 2 WP40s on my SPS system. I use the reef angel harnesses to control them via my apex. Works wonders!

Comment

Working...
                              X