Finally we're up and running

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally we're up and running

It seems as this setup has taken forever but the boss has finally approved.
    From this

Only adding a few corals at a time over the next few weeks so we can monitor and keep everything in check.
    This is my reef tank
    There are many like it
    But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Looks awesome. Great job.

Comment

That look Nice.look like your in the ocean.

Comment

Looks nice. What is the footprint dimensions of your display?

Comment

wow sick homie

Comment

Thanks everyone.
            Scott, did u get yours painted?
            Jason its 120g 48x24x24
            This is my reef tank
            There are many like it
            But this one is mine

93 Gallon Rimless Cube, Full Apex, 2x Kessil A360WE, Bashsea Twisted Skimmer, 2x Geo Media Reactors, Maxspect Gyre 150, Bubble Magus Doser, 30 Gallon Geo Sump, 20 Gallon Geo Fuge

Comment

thats awesome
              155 gallon bowfront dt, 100 gallon basement sump, 20 gallon long fuge, reeflo hammerhead, Auqua Euro 250

Comment

Looks really good. What is the rock wall made out of? How are you placing powerheads? Very cool design.

Comment

Thanks again
                  The wall is made from dry rock, zipped tied to eggcrate, and the gaps filled with pond foam. The arch in the center was made the same way with PVC pipe for support. Any exposed area of pipe, zip ties or eggcrate was covered with foam. The power heads are hidden in 2 caves on the left and right side. Left side also has a frag rack. Well more like a transitioning rack from the frag tank to the display in case a coral might not be happy with the new environment it can easily be pulled and moved out if need be. The right side has layers of ledges for frags. The foam can be punchured anywhere to place a frag.
                  This is my reef tank
                  There are many like it
                  But this one is mine

Comment

It was painted with krylon fusion to match the rock. We went with a very shallow sand bed. For our wrasse we put a glass lasagna pan filled with sand and attached epoxy to dry rock around it to hide the pan in the bottom left cave. He loves his new bed. I figure we will have to clean it our occasionally but whatever.
                    This is my reef tank
                    There are many like it
                    But this one is mine

Comment

i thought it was Cats that liked lasagna

Comment

Stained and polyurethane done. Sump, plumbing just finished.

Comment

Did you hide the pumps behind the foam wall too?

Corey

Comment

^ kinda. They are hidden in a 3/4 cave.
                            This is my reef tank
                            There are many like it
                            But this one is mine

Comment

Can you easily pull them out?

Comment

Working...
                              X