No announcement yet.

It's hip to be square....Corey's 240 gallon cube

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After you click on the 'A' click on the small icon with the sun and mountains.

No, you can't upload currently to the site so you need to upload to a hosting service then paste the link here.

Comment

• Gotcha. I don't have a hosting site so that makes sense. No worries at all.
      Thanks!

corey

Comment

• Still waiting for pics of all those nice frags you posted about getting!
        ==> New 210 Miracles Starphire Build in Progress!

Comment

• I have to find a new host for the pictures.

general question- which one are you guys/gals using and do you like it/why/whynot?

corey

Comment

• still working on a host for pictures, but things are slowly moving in the right direction i think. no mishaps as of lately, although I did loose a fish about a week ago. I had a blue tang that was larger than my hand that died one weekend while I was in Georgia. I can only assume it was of age, I had the fish for about 7 years and it was slightly smaller than my hand when I bought it from a member on here. It had outgrown their 75 gallon tank.

corey

Comment

• Corey call me. Need some help.
              Lindsey

Comment

• was sweet checkin out your tank for our october tank tour! was fnu! gotta grow some of that bonsai out for me!

Comment

• Tank tour!!! As soon as it starts taking off upwards, ill chunk a piece for you.

Corey

Comment

• Quick question, this afternoon my halide flickered and smelled like smoke a bit. I looked around and found where I had spliced the ballast cord to the mogul cord and fell off its hook and gotten wet and was causing the burnt smell. So I unwrapped the cords and separated them, respliced them and attached them back together. However now my halide isn't coming on. Not sure if it's my ballast or what. The ballast was working when it turned on and smoked, but nothing now. Any thoughts?

Corey

Comment

• What's the consensus? I switched from a 400wt radium to a 400wt 10k XM bulb. Just to try the look out and see how noticeable the difference might be. Same photo period, will be brighter white spectrum possible burn my corals. Should I cut back the lighting period or put screen over the tank to acclimate?

corey

Comment

• I'm no expert, but i'd try eggcrate to be safe, mostly because you were without hallide entirely for like a week.can get a massive sheet from menards real cheap and just set it on your tank its probably unneccessary, but better safe than grizzlymint. .... i mean safe than sorry.

Comment

• That's one thing I thought of, I just thought the screen would diffuse it better. But eggcrate is easier for sure.

corey

Comment

• Yeah a 10k will be much more intense than the 20k. You could also raise the light several images and reduce the photo period by a few hours.

Comment

• I can't raise it much more. But I will shorten the photo period. It only runs about 7 hours as is, so maybe 3 or 4 to start.
                              Plus some eggcrate???

hows that sound?

corey

Comment

• Sounds like a good plan

Comment

Working...
                                X