No announcement yet.

It's hip to be square....Corey's 240 gallon cube

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will post some more growth shots. I need to be more resilient of such as that is part of the point of the thread

Corey

Comment

• Starting to see some more encrusting on other pieces and greater polyp extension. Nitrates have dropped a little bit.
      I am still running the bubbles on the tank for 7 hours a night.

Corey

Comment

• Looking good, Corey! Glad to see you migrate over to SPS!

Comment

• Thanks Tim.
          I'll be along soon to get a few pieces from you.

Corey

Comment

• Put a gyre on the overflow box today. I been wanting some flow between the 2 islands. I would prefer a vortech in a dry box but I have heard great things on the gyre flow. While I do like the flow so far, I HATE the cord coming out the top of my tank. It's not really rimless, but eurobraced and no canopy. So I like the clean look of the top of the tank, with no wires hanging out of it. Time will tell if I keep it or what I do.
            I will say, the gyre flow with the bubbles from the stone, they really get spread around great. Moved a few frags around, will try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Corey

Comment

• Took the Vortechs offline this morning to clean them. Caked in coraline and crap, some white stringy mucus looking stuff. Kudos to Ecotech for making a durable product. Today was first time im cleaned them since I've owned them. 27 months, and they were going strong. But grizzly said the other day if I clean them, I'll probably get 10% more flow from them.

Corey

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

• WOW 27 months !!! Sure your going to notice some change in flow !

Comment

• Lol. Yup. Half of one of them was completely grown shut with coraline! Was impressive actually. Coraline loves his tank!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Larry good to see you buddy!!! Yeah they are covered, it gave me a chance to move them a little lower in the tank too. The returns and gyre can now churn the top of the tank.

Corey

Comment

• Well the gyre is a nice addition for flow no doubt. Corals are growing good but I am going to try a 400 watt radium in place of the 250. Getting ready to put a few more pieces in the tank as well. I'll grab some pictures when they go in.
                      Plus I put on a harlequin shrimp from aaron, I watched that thing eat a starfish....very cool.
                      Thinking about getting a frag rack from geosreef as well, it all hell with any light acclimation but that might wait

Corey

Comment

• Got back from Florida to hear my goby return pump squealing of some sort. Going to take it apart and clean it good, check the seals.

Corey

Comment

• Replaced it with a Dart. Now my dang apex isn't getting any power and I need a PC to update the firmware. According to Neptune they would prefer it be done not on my mac. Why, I'm not sure, but in the past I have used my mac. But, as recently as October i could not get it to work.
                          Also my gyre is acting up. It runs and then turns itself off and then turns itself back on. They don't know if it is the controller of the motor and they want me to buy both instead of finding someone local and trying their controller and motor block....no thanks-i think I will try to problem solve this then order the part.
                          Been a rough equipment week over here!!!!!

corey

Comment

• Originally posted by BIECAKA View Post
                            Replaced it with a Dart. Now my dang apex isn't getting any power and I need a PC to update the firmware. According to Neptune they would prefer it be done not on my mac. Why, I'm not sure, but in the past I have used my mac. But, as recently as October i could not get it to work.
                            Also my gyre is acting up. It runs and then turns itself off and then turns itself back on. They don't know if it is the controller of the motor and they want me to buy both instead of finding someone local and trying their controller and motor block....no thanks-i think I will try to problem solve this then order the part.
                            Been a rough equipment week over here!!!!!

corey
                            I have an extra working controller for the 150 if you want to try it out
                            -Travis-

Comment

• Originally posted by t81rd View Post
                              I have an extra working controller for the 150 if you want to try it out
                              I would love that!
                              Thanks Travis

Corey

Comment

• Originally posted by BIECAKA View Post
                                I would love that!
                                Thanks Travis

Corey

Not sure when I will be out your way, but I'm home now if you'd like to stop by. Just pm me
                                -Travis-

Comment

Working...
                                X