• Show
Clear All

Looks good Corey. you getting excited yet

Comment

Oh yes....
      Corey

Comment

Top finished!!!

Now I need to decide if I'm doing any skinning or just magnet doors.
        I might try to skin it, then cut out area for magnets. I just don't have the tools for that!!

Corey

Comment

Looks solid

Comment

this is such a neat sounding tank and I love the efforts in the stand. Following along !!! best of luck

Comment

Looking good. I really liked your idea about the sliding doors you posted on the first page. It will give you tons of access, plus it's an interesting look.

Comment

Is your tank going to have a center overflow??? If so where is it going to drain to and if not is there room for the bulkheads inside the 2x8's?
                Bill
                Creativity is intelligence having fun.

Comment

No Bill, it will have overflow on back. I will drill them around the 2x6 that is the back support and the 2 2x6's that run down the middle. My plan is to have the back of the tank close to that stock tank(sump) and it won't be viewable from back there

Corey

Comment

Originally posted by Briney Dave View Post
                    this is such a neat sounding tank and I love the efforts in the stand. Following along !!! best of luck
                    Welcome aboard buddy. It's an honor to have you here!!

Brett, I really like the sliding doors too! Such a tough decision!

Corey

Comment

I think you should do the sliding doors on the front and two doors on each side removeable by magnet.

Comment

Food for thought before its too late:

I saw a large true cube at a reef store in Houston when I was down consulting for the U of H. This was a center overflow that really created four seperate display zones. They were able to feature very different looking work and coral types

It really was hard to describe short of seing the tank in person but I was blown away. Head and shoulders above anything I have seen in a store before.

Despite being in the 300-400 gal range they also went lots of little fish with a small number of tangs to groom the rock over a few big fish. It fit the four diaroma theme better than the big walls that regular tanks produce.

Comment

Dave, I have contemplated center overflow over and over. The issue I'm having is I don't think my footprint is large enough to take a chunk out of the center. It also complicates aqua scape and placement of powerheads. It is still something I think about from time to time as I haven't started the build yet on the tank

Corey

Comment

Tested water today in rock tubs . Nitrates over 100 ammonia 0. Time for a water change.

Corey

Comment

Originally posted by BIECAKA View Post
                              Tested water today in rock tubs . Nitrates over 100 ammonia 0. Time for a water change.

Corey
                              Just think if you was a TV show you would be ready for fishes and corals. don't get me wrong they make some nice looking tanksbut in this hobby everything good happen slow.i can't wait to see your tank done it sound like your off to a good start.:beer:

Comment

Yea then in 180 days it'd be up for sale on eBay.
                                Yeah I'm gonna do a few water changes over next few weeks until the tank is ready. Then it should be about ready to go!
                                Then off to the aquascape

Corey

Comment

Working...
                                X