It's hip to be square....Corey's 240 gallon cube

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Comment

Hey joe. Glad to see you stopped in buddy. I was not to far from your house today, out at George's place. Next time I'm out that way if your not working maybe I can swing by n see the tank. N order a pizza!

Corey

Comment

Went out to order my lumber today got a super sweet deal on the wood and they will cut it for me!! Went to this place George mentioned. Wood will be ready Friday for pick up.

Corey

Comment

This is gonna be super sweet, can't wait to see it!

Comment

Holy Guacamole - 16' sq footprint - 32' cu volume - that is going to be one massive hunk o' reef.
            Rob
            90G DT on Hiatus...
            Nanobox Tide powered IM Fusion Nuvo 10 in recovery

Comment

Yea I'm stoked! Picking up wood Friday hope to have it built and in place over weekend. Then it's just waiting on the acrylic to come in.
              George said skimmer won't take much time to build once he gets started on it. He's just been busy w other orders. Last time I was out there i was helping w some calcium reactors. Well, maybe not helping more like getting in the way! I did tighten some fitting for him and such. But I imagine all the questions I ask I'm really slowing down the production.

Pictures to come!
              Corey

Comment

We should have the frame built on saturday evening. and then make a plan on how you want it skinned/finished.

Comment

I was thing that too John but didn't wanna jump ahead.
                  We can finish yours up too

Corey

Comment

Got my diodes in today to change out some on my led fixtures. Hope to knock that out this weekend too

Corey

Comment

Picked up my wood today. Plan is to start the build of the frame this weekend

Corey

Comment

Made a little headway this weekend. First off, big thanks to John,(jck09) for all his help. He has been instrumental w ideas and helping it come together. Tonight we got a grasp of how big this thing will be!!!!!

Led unit apart.....

John soldering some....

A pile of my fixtures. There are 4 total....

And now some wood work...from this....

To this.....

To put it in perspective.....THIS IS ONLY 1/2 OF THE STAND...
                        Pocket holes for the center support, thanks a ton Bill!!!!

We started off the night w some Rotolo's pizza and beer:beer:
                        Magic hat, "not quite a pale ale"

Corey

Comment

That stand is going to be huge. it will be nice when its all done. let me know when you get the rest of the wood. I think i'll do mine in the morning. Gonna have to start at like 5am because he wife works at 10 and the tank is in our office.
                          Last edited by jck09; 05-13-2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

it look like your off to a good start.you stand look nice so far.

Comment

Thanks Chris!! It's coming along. Slow n steady since I have no tank and my rock is still cycling.
                              That stand will be huge man once that tank gets on top

Corey

Comment

Nice progress, looking good guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X